DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
06MAGRT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone running these days? I know the manual does not recomend higher than 89. But is anyone running higher. Any diff?

Cheers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why throw money away? I've used 87 octane from day one in my RT and it's never pinged once. Runs fine. I've not found a reason to give the oil companies any more than I have to.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Run what the owners manual says. Anything more just wastes gas. I've heard it takes 2 or 3 tanks for the cars computer to figure out what you are using. Computers shouldn't have to think!! ROLL TIDE!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I live at 4800' altitude and most of my driving is over 4000'. 87 octane runs great. If I go closer to sea level, I will probably switch to 89.
Howard :gr_patrio

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine runs good on 87, better on 89, and the best on 92, at least in regards to power, but it still has good power whatever I run. I usually switch depending on what the price is or what I'm going to do I.E. long, easy trip, 87 is fine, want more umpf, 92. I've also had the best luck running Chevron.
:}

·
Registered
267 Posts
Not to say anything, but the car is not designed to run anything over 89..92 is pretty much a waste of money..IMHO

·
Hemi Driving Pastor!
67 Posts
I run 87 here in the desert and my RT goes like crazy....which is good. I throw in a tank of 89 once in a while if I find a station that has it at a good price, but usually 87 is my way to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I run 87 in Ga and am at sea level every-other weekend and I get better mileage w/87 and no power difference than anything else. Tried all grades as comparison

·
Registered
608 Posts
I've never run anything accept mid grade because that's what the manual recommended. I haven't had anything to complain about yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The manual for my 05 Dodge Ram 1500QC Hemi calls for ONLY 87, they warn against using 91/92 octane. I just picked up our 05 Magnum today and noticed the 89 requirement. Be curious to know the tuning differences between the two engines.

·
Florida Magnum RT
259 Posts
Use only the 89 octane, you can use 87 octane and never hear the engine ping because the computer will retard the timing. Hence you will lose a bit of power.

Follow the manual........................

Using 93 octane is just wasting your money, car will NOT go faster.

Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.