DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Why not just go with HIDs, they would be even better then the R/T lights. I have the R/T, and Im replacing them with HIDs. You really cant beat the look and the visibility gains of HIDs. Cost would be about the same too, I would guess.

· Registered
50 Posts
Just in case you might want HIDs like I do, heres a site that sells the kits for our Hi, low and fog set ups.
plasmagarage.com

We need the 9006 for lows
9005 for Hi
and I believe its the H10 for the fogs

Each kit is for each part of that, so the prices are 249.00 per kit, so thats X3, so 750 bucks to HID out everything in the front of an R/T. 249 less if you dont have fogs or dont want to do the fogs.

· Registered
214 Posts
Aztecgold said:
Just in case you might want HIDs like I do, heres a site that sells the kits for our Hi, low and fog set ups.
plasmagarage.com

We need the 9006 for lows
9005 for Hi
and I believe its the H10 for the fogs

Each kit is for each part of that, so the prices are 249.00 per kit, so thats X3, so 750 bucks to HID out everything in the front of an R/T. 249 less if you dont have fogs or dont want to do the fogs.
HID is awesome. My mom's BMW has it,and she loves it, but I found something that is similar to HID and has the look of HID, and is very bright like HID.

On my jeep I bought the Sylvania Silverstar Headlights. (on the Jeep the whole casing is replaced, but on the Avenger, I imagine it would just be the bulb.) It cost me about $40 for a pair of headlights, and I installed them myself. I aimed them down, because I had a lifted Jeep, and I didn't want to be blinding people in lower vehicles, yet I constantly get brighted on the road - even by SUV's. I don't mean to blind people, and it could be that my suspension is so rough, they think I'm brighting them when I hit a bump, but they are great lights. You may want to give them a try before you do the HID, it might sell you over and save you $500 bucks or so... Just a thought.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea I'm not sure I'm ready to spend $700 on HID's yet :D The black R/T headlights are only $246 for *both* left and right, thats not bad at all considering some of the other prices I've seen for other makes / models.

· Registered
50 Posts
my wife has the Sylvania Silverstar Headlight bulbs in her 1500 RAM, and they arebright, but theres still a huge difference with HIDs vs any other type of light. they have that unmistakable blue tint to them, vision is a lot better then other headlight types, way more crisp, the whitish-blue light is a lot sharper making roads and road sides easier to see, they dont cause fog to glow when using highbeams, they use less power from your batt and they look killer!
Even if I have to just buy one kit a month at 250, and install it my self, Ill do it, very worth it too me. Altho I already have the dark looking headlights on my 3.5 r/t awd. I just cant stand the yellowish headlight look, cant stand it.

· Registered
7 Posts
I bought some Sylvania SilverStar Ultra headlights (9006 and 9005) for my Avenger R/T. I am trying to find out if there is some trick to installing them, since I cannot fit my hand into the area behind the headlamp assembly to remove or replace the existing 9006s and 9005s. What's the secret, or must I enlist the help of someone with tiny hands?

· Registered
214 Posts
IAM4UK said:
I bought some Sylvania SilverStar Ultra headlights (9006 and 9005) for my Avenger R/T. I am trying to find out if there is some trick to installing them, since I cannot fit my hand into the area behind the headlamp assembly to remove or replace the existing 9006s and 9005s. What's the secret, or must I enlist the help of someone with tiny hands?
I bought some too, got em off of ebay, and still waiting. I haven't popped the hood and taken a look at it, but when I opened up the user manual to find out what bulbs I needed it has pictures in there, looks pretty self explanitory, but of course, they don't show all the components under the hood. I should be getting mine soon, and I'll take a look (hopefully tomorrow) and post up how I did it.

· Registered
7 Posts
Yes, Mike, the instructions in the manual are very straitforward and simple, just as for most cars. But not being able to fit my hand into the available space to reach the lights as shown in the manual does pose a problem...

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just FYI... if anyone here is thinking about removing the headlight assembly, prepare for a battle. It's an ALL day job, you have to remove the grill AND the front bumper to get it out, and thats only after removing some impossible screws in the most isolated corners.

I gave up half way through, after 4 hours.

· 2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,028 Posts
I installed the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra high beams, low beams, and high performance fogs (9145ST). I was going to remove the entire headlight assembly so it would be easier. But as mentioned in the above post, that's about the hardest thing to do. So I ended up somehow getting my hand in each side to get the new bulbs placed. The fogs weren't the easiest either, you have to remove a small cover in the wheel well to get in there. Easier if you remove the tire but it can be done without taking the tire off.

· Registered
7 Posts
Well, my friend with smaller hands also couldn't get to the 9006s or 9005s. I called the dealer to ask if there were some trick. They said they'd remove the items that are in the way. I returned the lights to where I had purchased them.

· 2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,028 Posts
IAM4UK said:
Well, my friend with smaller hands also couldn't get to the 9006s or 9005s. I called the dealer to ask if there were some trick. They said they'd remove the items that are in the way. I returned the lights to where I had purchased them.
You gave up that easily?? :crazy:

Just kiddin.. it was hard, but you could've done it. It looks harder then it actually is.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.