DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the phone with a local muffler shop and I need to confirm that the exhaust piping is 3" in/out of the stock muffler on my 05 HEMI ... I am pretty sure it is, but my truck is at home right now so I can't get under there and look. Help!! Quick!!

Flowmaster 50-series $214 installed sounds reasonable to me ...

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
3" it is!!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you ...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flowmaster 50-Series Delta Flow being cut-in as I type. The shop recommended I drive it for a few days with the resonator, and then decide if I want it cut out.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
why does everyone think the pipes are 3" there 2 3/4 od (outside diameter)

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
4404spd said:
why does everyone think the pipes are 3" there 2 3/4 od (outside diameter)
Mine were 3" all the way to the cats. Before the cats were smaller. Not sure though on the size there.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
All I know is that when I replaced my muff with straight pipe I used 3" INNER diameter pipe and it fit perfect.

This leads me to believe that the exhaust on my '04 IS NOT 3" pipe.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
So its bigger than 3?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flowmaster 50-series Delta Flow in

Not a whole lot louder than stock, but definitely a little more "throatier" (is that a word?) Anyway, my initial thought is to cut the resonator off, because I think I can handle it being a little more loud. I'm going to drive it for a week or so to make sure though ...

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Mine were 3" all the way to the cats. Before the cats were smaller. Not sure though on the size there.

the muffler inlet and outlet size is 2 3/4" diameter it is on my 05 hemi and it was in my 01 5.2 318

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
4404spd said:
the muffler inlet and outlet size is 2 3/4" diameter it is on my 05 hemi and it was in my 01 5.2 318
Ehh...it might be....close enough! :D

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
4404spd said:
mine are 3 for sure

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
xxumattuxx said:
mine are 3 for sure
I'm not crazy!!!!!!!!!!!! :rck:

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
it must be a sloppy fit then . enjoy exhaust leaks ?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
4404spd said:
Maybe different factories used different sizes??? I think an exhaust shop would recognize it if there was a difference.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
i just went through it a week ago , the inlet size is 2 3/4 id on muffler and the outlet size is 2 3/4 od this was done at a muffler shop and a good friend of mine , and the factory dont change things like this from plant to plant.the inlet pipe to the muffler is 2 3/4 od and the tailpipe is 2 3/4 id then the tailpipe steps up to a larger size . the muffler shop said that they run into this all the time with dodges cause the chevy flowmaster is 3" and they have to make a adapter pipe to use them on a dodge and thereisnt alot of mufflers avalible in 2 3/4 inlet and outlet . i was there when it was measured and it is the size i said.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
4404spd said:

Damn dude, why you have to be like that? You have an 05 he has an 03, you think there may be a difference? I have a 03 and I know I have 3" all the way back. From what I have seen the 03 and 05 exhaust has a difference in cats and resonator so maybe size also?

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
i have to be that way becuse the man that started the tread has a 2005 truck dont you think he needs the right advise ?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I got an '04...its 3". 100% positive!

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
I got an '04...its 3". 100% positive!

good , i wasnt trying to be a jacka$$ but the man that started the thread has a 05 truck. they are different then yours .

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.