Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L HEMI Stock

Goal:
Performance Enhancements (MPG, HP, Torque, etc.)
Headlights (Brighter, nicer, possibly halos)

I would like to know some of the best performance enhancements I can do to help out my truck. Also, types of products would be nice also. Saw some cold air intakes on eBay between 35-65 dollars. Good or Bad? Also saw some Hipro headlights 5900K on eBay for $8. Any suggestions here would be appreciated also. Does anyone know any DIY mods that might be beneficial. Thanks

·
Trucks Rule
490 Posts
Truck: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L HEMI Stock

Goal:
Performance Enhancements (MPG, HP, Torque, etc.)
Headlights (Brighter, nicer, possibly halos)

I would like to know some of the best performance enhancements I can do to help out my truck. Also, types of products would be nice also. Saw some cold air intakes on eBay between 35-65 dollars. Good or Bad? Also saw some Hipro headlights 5900K on eBay for $8. Any suggestions here would be appreciated also. Does anyone know any DIY mods that might be beneficial. Thanks
Welcome :)

Do a CAI, a catback (flowmaster 40s sound nice on these trucks) and a programmer (diablo or superchips). That should get you headed in the right direction. As far as lights I changed my stockers out for Phillips hyper white bulbs. Very bright white versus the stock yellowish color, and they dont have that obnoxious blue color that all the ricers are running around with. Good luck and congrats on the truck :rck:

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
nitrous. cheap, easy & affective hp!!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Check my Sig. line, disregard the cosmetic stuff and that's usually the way, most guys start.

Don't do the Mopar brand CAI.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
Welcome to Dodgetalk :tup:

Programmer (get rid of MDS), Cold Air Intake, Cat-back Exhaust, High-flow Catalytic Converter(s), 4.56 Gears, Flex-a-lite 180 Fan, AirRam Powerwire.... the list goes on and on. :)

·
Once and future owner
3,061 Posts
I'd start with the SC programmer. Best bang for my buck when my truck was bone stock. :rck:

·
25HEMI00
1,064 Posts
I'd start with the SC programmer. Best bang for my buck when my truck was bone stock. :rck:
x2. cai's and throttle body spacers are a waste of $$ imo. a k&n drop in will give you the airflow you need. I would do a corsa exhaust, then a diablo programmer. They are both pricey, but will most likely get you the most hp per dollar. throw in some phillips bulbs and do the 9005 foglight conversion also with phillips bulbs. The throttle body spacer also voids engine warranties i believe.

·
Registered
511 Posts
SC, CAI, PW, Cat back and Y pipe. After that, headers, cam, maybe gears if you can stay hooked, at least thats the way Im going after unknown amounts of hours reading. Oh and welcome to DT man, get your reading glasses out cause it's bigger (and more useful) than a full set of the encylcopedia britanica !! Get your CC warmed up and a beverage of choice cause you'll need'em both

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.