DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have an 03 1500 qc. i'm trying to install an aftermarket stereo. the one i have right now is the factory cd/cassette. the is my first attempt, and i'm trying to learn how to do it on my own rather than taking it somewhere to have it done.

i'm having a hard time finding what i need. i've got the old one out, and the mounting kit and everything on the new one ready to go. i've read that a wiring harness is the easiest way to connect everything. it seems like i've seen a couple of different kinds when searching though.

can someone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
67 Posts
wiring harnes is the only way to go. Plugs directly into the factory harness and then into the head unit.

Kevin

·
bubbagoonboy
798 Posts
you need a certain wiring harness that will fit our trucks. Plus an antenna adapter. Plus the install kit. Just go to autozone or circuit city and tell them what you need they will get it for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats part of the problem, i've gone to circuit city, best buy, autozone, and hh gregg and they all either didn't carry them or were out of stock. that's why i'm looking online now

·
bubbagoonboy
798 Posts
go to crutchfield.com they have anything you will ever need for audio stuff

·
bubbagoonboy
798 Posts
Yeah thats what you need if it is for a dodge did you enter in the year and model of your truck?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've bought two wiring harness from the pawn shop before. Most pawn shops usually carry alot of new audio but i bought them new. Try walmart too bro they have wiring harnesses. When you get it just plug it into the stock one and wire it into the head unit. Tell whoever helps you out the make model and year of your truck. good luck bud

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool, thanks a lot guys. i just to order that and an antenna adapter now.

thanks again :rck:

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
I bought my kit off ebay for about $7 shipped and ran all new 14ga wiring myself. I did butt plice my 12+, switched 12+ and ground off the OEM harness. The antenna cable I paid $5 for from a jyard and replaced it from the connection in the passengers kick panel up ti the aftermarket HU.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.