DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the deal. i want to lift my 91 w150 shortbox. i want to lift it about 4" cuz its still my only vehicleand i drive it everywhere. i would like to buy a skyjacker lift with the rear springs but its not in my budget so i thought about the same lift but with rear blocks but then i remembered i already have rear blocks in the rear and i dont know if i realy trust stacked blocks plus theres the axle wrap issue. so my question is: how much lift can be gained from flipping the rear shackles? and has anyone ever tried this on these pickups? and if so how hard?easy was it and could u tell me the process and anything to watch out for?that way i can have my lift and not worry about anything and then id just get new front springs. and ive got a few other questions. anyone know where to get a good full cab vinal floor mat i want one that covers the whole floor not like the origanial. and does any have/know where to get a high quality grill and outside shell and headlight bezels for an 86-90 dodge pickup and does anyone want to trade filler panels. cuz i like the 86-90 grill a lot better than mine. im looking for brand new grill parts because im making it a show truck and i want it to look nice

· Registered
154 Posts
well your right about not wanting to stack blocks but the skyjacker blocks should be a direct replacement for the stock blocks and should add the 4 inchs without stalking. however if your goona do it save up and do it right and get the full packs. otherwise your goona get axle wrap and will wear out your springs faster. as far as shackle reversal i dont know. if its set up like my 90 then you would just use extended shacles to lift it not a shacle reversal but i could be wrong. shackles still arnt the best way specialy to get to 4 inchs. for the grill and bezel that you want goto a junk yard and find an intact one. repaint them if they need it and your good to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.