DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to build up a hotter engine for my project car partially using one of the v-6s from the monaco/premier from 88-91 and there doesn't seem to be a lot on them, a search produced nothing.

I'm looking to find out what the fuel systems were for these cars and how much could they be modified. Right now I'm dealing with LH2.4 from a volvo, since this is in a volvo, and it won't handle the power levels I'm looking for.

Before you start laughing about dealing with these engines the break down of what I'm doing is as follows.
Volvo b280 engine, this has reinforced mains that will handle over 800hp, custom valves and rods, sleeves from a premier, this produces a slightly higher compression 3.1L, heads will come from the premier, cams from the volvo, intake and exhaust both from the premier. I've seen several of these build ups result in 300hp which is where the volvo system fails to keep up, hence the interest in the dodge version.

I already have an oddfire b28 version that puts down 280whp with a holley 2bbl carb, custom rods, pistons, cams raised compression, and custom exhaust so a lot of options are available for these. Since the b280 engine is free I've seen the monaco/premier engines going for 100.00 cost isn't too much of an issue.

Any thoughts on the viability of the dodge/eagle system would be appreciated since I wish to keep this lower budget and a custom efi would prob double my costs.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.