DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would very much appreciate specific information on a 2007. Big Horn Quad Cab These questions refer truck that has just come in at a dealer several miles from my home.

It has electronic shift-on-demand transfer case. How is this different than electric shift-on-the-fly?

It does not have the fold flat rear floor. I have one on my 2003 Quad Cab. Will the 2003 floor fit on the 2007.

The photo on the dealer's website shows the interior. It is medium slate gray. It looks like light gray to me. Too darn light for the way I use a truck.

Big Horn Badging. I did not like the Big Horn Badging on the 2006's. Is it the same on the 2007's? I can't tell from the photo on the dealer's website.

Satellite Radio. This is an option that I really have no use for. Is it all that great? I do not like the looks of the antenna on the roof, but I could get use to it.

The dealer ordered this truck after talking with me in mid summer about me possibly buying a 2007. I most certainly am under no obligation to take it. It's a nice looking truck, but so is my 2003. I'd really like to see if DC is going to offer incentives on the 2007's yet this fall. Also I'd sure like to see DC extend their warranty like Ford and GM did. I'll bet that they do.

Tom :cool:

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
How bout a trip to the dealership? Ill bet youll get all your questions answered there. Im not too sure how many people youll find on this site that have a 2007.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Ha, I haven't even seen an 07. I will say though that the satellite radio was not a selling point for me either on my truck but you do get a year for free (which I'm sure is built into the price of the truck) and it does have alot of different news and talk shows as well as music. The only complaint I have is the sound quality but that may be partly due to the factory speakers.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Shift on the fly and shift on demand would be the same. The manual lever on the floor is no longer avilable in the 1500. The seats were changed some in 2006 and I don't know if that will affect the fitting of the fold flat floor. The lighter color gray has been an issue that several have complained about. DC should know what a truck is used for. The radio is setup for satelite raio and the subscription is paid for for some nominal time period. Some like it, personally, I would just let the subscription run out and not renew it. The badging is the same on the 1500 as far as I can tell from the ones that I have seen. The 2500 has some new badges that are coming in with less than stellar reviews. I would hold off. There won't be much of a deal offered at the onset of the new model year. Wait till after the '06s are gone. Possibly until after the new chevy debuts after the first of the year as well as the new Toyota. That will make Dodge the old dog on the block and there will be pressure to move units as buyers start to eye the new offerings mentioned.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
My answers below in RED

tguil said:
I would very much appreciate specific information on a 2007. Big Horn Quad Cab These questions refer truck that has just come in at a dealer several miles from my home.

It has electronic shift-on-demand transfer case. How is this different than electric shift-on-the-fly?

Shift-on-demand denotes the AWD transfer case, as opposed to the part-time 4wd system that is standard. It's about a $400 option.

It does not have the fold flat rear floor. I have one on my 2003 Quad Cab. Will the 2003 floor fit on the 2007.

No. The new one is a different design. (it's plastic and carpeted now as opposed to the old metal floors in previous trucks) You can probably purchase one and install it yourself though.

The photo on the dealer's website shows the interior. It is medium slate gray. It looks like light gray to me. Too darn light for the way I use a truck.

"Medium Slate Gray" is a light gray color. The only other choice is Light Khaki, which is a tannish beige color.

Big Horn Badging. I did not like the Big Horn Badging on the 2006's. Is it the same on the 2007's? I can't tell from the photo on the dealer's website.

"Big Horn" badging is now on the tailgate, in the bottom left corner where the "DODGE" emblem would have been on your old truck. There is no "Big Horn" badge on the doors for '07.

Satellite Radio. This is an option that I really have no use for. Is it all that great? I do not like the looks of the antenna on the roof, but I could get use to it.

You will not only get used to it, but addicted probably. It's free for the first year, so give it a try!

The dealer ordered this truck after talking with me in mid summer about me possibly buying a 2007. I most certainly am under no obligation to take it. It's a nice looking truck, but so is my 2003. I'd really like to see if DC is going to offer incentives on the 2007's yet this fall. Also I'd sure like to see DC extend their warranty like Ford and GM did. I'll bet that they do.

And I think that's a very safe bet. ;)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

A trip to the dealer would probably cloud my rational thinking and cause me to buy the truck on sight. I have recently retired and I have money from my retirement package set aside to buy this truck or some truck, but I still don't want to waste money just to have the first 2007 on the road. (And my 2003 Hemi is still lookin' good.)

About AWD drive. Does it allow for fulltime four wheel drive where conditions dictate when four wheel drive is applied automatically and locked-in four wheel drive (hi an lo) where you actually engage four wheel drive? is there the option for driving in two wheel drive?

If DC comes up with an extended powertrain warranty do you think that it will be retroactive to all 2007's?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think I can answer the fold-flat-floor question. It is a $100 factory installed option. It depends each dealer whether it's in the trucks from the factory or not. When I picked up my 06 a few weeks ago, they had 06's and 07's both with the fold flat floor and with out. The window sticker has it listed as a separate line item. And it does not necessarily relate to the big horn package. I think you can also add it as a dealer accessory if you find a truck you really like that doesn't already have it from the factory.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked out the truck. It's darn nice. Never thought that I'd like a big white truck. I've had black vehicles exclusvely since 1977. Mike wife has a white 2005 Tacoma 4X4. I take care of both my black Hemi and her white Tacoma. We travel on ten miles of gravel road daily. Guess which truck is easier to keep looking decent.:D

I still think that I might hold out to see what DC comes up with as far as changing their powertrain warranty. There already is a $2000 rebate on the 2007's. However, I can't wait too long I need new tires for my 2003 before the snow flies.

Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.