DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a '95 2500 conversion witha 3.9, 3 spd auto. It has 110K on it and still runs and looks good (never driven in the winter). I'll be using this for a daily driver and band gear hauler.
I'd like to trick it out a bit. I've been looking thru the posts and have some questions.

I would like to remove the middle seats (chairs) and move the folding rear seat to the middle. Has anyone done this? This would give me room for gear but still give me a bed/back seat.

How about lowering the van a couple of inches? Anyway to do this economically?

Has anyone used the K&N air filter and found it to be worth doing?

It has a radio/cassette player. Can I replace that with a radio CD player from a newer model?

Is the wheel bolt pattern the same as a car? I was wonderig about swapping out wheels. I'm thinking 15x8 and 15x10. Is that too wide without flairs?

I guess that's it for now. Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
I removed my middle seats and rear sofa/bed. I built my own bed out of 2x4's and used the cushions from the sofa/bed as a matress. I've never moved the sofa/bed forward, but I bet you're going to have to drill some holes in order to mount it using the brackets that hold it down now.

There aren't any proper kits to lower the vans, so I can't tell how this is done.

I have a K&N in my '94 and really haven't noticed a difference.

You can go up to '97 to replace your radio, but '98-'03 vans had a different dash board.

The lug pattern is 5 x 5.5". Most cars are FWD and I'm no wheel expert, but I don't think you can use FWD wheels on a RWD vehicle. There's plenty of RWD choices out there. 15x10 and 15x8 will fit no problem however. I'm not 100% on the offsets though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nate.
I'm thinking I would need to remove the chair hardware and use the bed hardware, so yes, probably some holes to be drilled.

I'd like to remoove the alum. running boards but I think it will look like it sets too high, but if I could drop it a coouple of inches....
I thought that I had heard Mopars had an adjustable front suspension. Was this only on cars, or trucks but not vans?

I would like to run a wider tire on the rear, wasn't sure how wide I can go on the stock wheels.

So, if anyone has a stock radio/CD lying around...I'm interested.

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
The "adjustable" suspension you refered to is torsion bars used on the front of most mopar cars. It can be raised or lowered.
Lowering your van is compromise between load carrying and ride quality if done in the suspension. Using a shorter tire/wheel combination is an alternative, if it will carry the load. This also affects ride, but not as drastically, as bottoming out.
I have 245/60's on 15x8" rims front and 255/60's on 15x8.5" rear.
--B-300--

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.