DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Haulin rubber dog s#!%
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an 08 1500 SLT Big Horn 4X4. It came equipped with thee 5.7 Hemi and the 545rfe 5 speed auto.

My question is this:
When i am accelerating from a turn without putting in alot(1/4pedal or so) of gas, it sounds like the trans shifts directly to overdrive and labors to accelerate. Sometimes it also does the samething after stopping at red lights. Now, I have had it back to two different dealers. The first one said that everything was normal. the second actually let me drive another 08 and it did the samething. I am not in it (the gas) all the time only when needed, and my mpg has only been as high as 12.4. I know that hopefully it will get better as there are only 1700 miles on the truck. Any helpfull advice would be greatly appreciated. :help:

· Registered
343 Posts
That pretty much sounds normal. I think they try to get you into high gear asap for gas mileage reasons. Try running in tow/haul mode, it raises the shift points and you might like that better. Pretty crappy fix for a $30,000+ vehicle.

· Haulin rubber dog s#!%
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah tell me about it i have been trying to run it in o/d off. it shifts better but mpg still stinks. thanks for the help

· Registered
1 Posts
it might have to do with the new fuel econ system when 2 cylinders drop off to save gas then kick back on when you hit it..i dont know about your mpg i have a 08 im getting 14.8 mpg i have 184 miles on it

· Haulin rubber dog s#!%
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the best ive got was 14.3 but only because i was in the interstate

· Registered
367 Posts
The overhead only takes a average fuel economy. I live it the city and only get about 10mpg. when I'm on the highway it usually averages out to about 14-15mpg. if you want real numbers reset the EVIC everytime you get in the truck. i reset mine while cruising on the highway and it came up to 22-23 mpg. stop and go kills the fuel mileage.

· Haulin rubber dog s#!%
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah tell me about it.. but if i was really worried about it i would have bought a honda :tdwn:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.