DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
slammed1, I know you've been over this a gajillion times, so bear with my stupid and no doubt repetitive (to you) questions.

Reg cab, short box, 4x4, 05 Hemi with the factory lip kit - was going to crank the front to level it, but after looking at so many lowered rides on this site, have decided to lower the rear instead to dump some of that black hole over the rear tire. No heavy loads, no heavy trailer towing.

1. If I put in drop shackles and ditch the overload spring, can the leaf spring clamps still be part of the package to combat wheelhop when smokin' fellow motorists, or would you reccommend not doing the clamps. What effect on ride would that setup have (drops + clamps, but ditch the spring)? Is wheelhop or hookup worse without the overloads, particularly if no clamps as well? (I guess that's a three-part question).

2. Any problems shipping to Canada? Any suggestions as to who to contact to handle such a project - this will be out of my league. (That was a two-parter).

3. You're talking about new shackles - does this make the old ones obsolete - do I get the old ones or wait for the new? (One-parter).

Thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
well.......I dont have any problems hooking up my weak ole 4.7 without the overloads when I didnt have them......J-man2102 over on Rumble Bee.org is running an STS turbo set-up with his Hemi and also running drop shackles and a removed overload and I have not heard of him having wheel hop problems........You have to realize all trucks are different and will react different to different mods.......If you remove the overload you can still and tow but dont expect for it to go full capacity like it would have with them in place..........If you choose to use the spring clamps,they will work with the removed overloads but will mount differently but still provide the necessary strengthening of the leaf pack to prevent unwanted spring wrap a little more than without them!!!!

Canadian shipping is not a real problem but a little more expensive......I can send you a set of shackles if you want to get them from me......I am not going to start making my new shackles at this time until I know for sure I can do them at 110% full throttle with no delays.......probably wont happen for a while from what I see..........I can however get you either GroundForce or DJM shackles if you want at a reasonable price with the added comfort of knowing I wil send you a copy of my instructions of installing them correctly and providing you full tech support if needed when you have a question or problem......try that with most/all mail order companies and see the vast differences of answers if any you receive?!?!?!?!?!?

New shackles are a direct replacement for the old stock ones but shorter......you have to have new ones ready to install before removing and discarding the original ones!!!!!

I hope this helps and in the future everyone else will see this post so they ill also understand what I am trying to get across!!!! if you want to purchase a set from me please let me know and I will hook you up.......that is why I am a paying supporter of DodgeTalk so I can help provide parts and assistance to you guys ......if you dont at least let me try to help get you parts at a price but give info only I am not getting my moneys worth if you understand my point of view!!!!

Thanks for asking the question and I hope to do business with you soon......

Brian Slammed1 Suspensions

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Trust me on the Canada shipping issue, duty, exchange - been there done that so it won't be a shock (so to speak). Thanks, and I'll contact you when I'm ready (soon).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Slammed1, I want a set of shackles, which are the best and lower the most? How much from you with shipping to 21804? With the overloads removed and the shackles, is there any issue with bottoming out on the bumpstops or the stock shocks, if so what shocks do I need? Thanks,........ Randy

·
DARKNESS
612 Posts
randy ill let him fully answer but i run his shackles and sit just about perfectly level and dont have issues with bottoming out and run stock shocks and everything and its fine so there would be no need there unless you would just want a better ride i suppose but it will ride better with his shackles than at stock

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks Danny, I'll order the shackles when he gets back to me. ;)

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Randy_W said:
Thanks Danny, I'll order the shackles when he gets back to me. ;)
I got mine on order as well. Can't wait!

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
dannyangulo said:
well i already have mine!! nananana :rck: lol
But I have a HEMI. (spontaneous enough?)

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
dannyangulo said:
yes and you also have pee wee rims
:thatfunny hahah :D
But they rollin' on a HEMI.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
dannyangulo said:
gettin a little repetitive with the hemi statement are we haha
So.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
dannyangulo said:
anyways...how bout them slammed shackles?
How 'bout 'em? Did you install them yourself?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
slammed1 said:
anything to add to the post count
Don't reveal our secret! LOL!!!

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
He's gonna do mine also!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status