DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
EATEN FORD SH!TIN CHEVY'S
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife likes the charger a lot. She does not want the V-8 (I've tried and tried to talk her into it) but she's fine with the V-6. I guess it makes modest power 250hp's. Has anybody test drove one yet with the 6 in it? need some butt dyno results!!!! :help:

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Yeah, I have driven all three models pretty extensively, and my impression is that the 3.5-liter, while not as awesome as the Hemi V8, is still more than adequate for the car. I took a 3.5-liter Charger to San Antonio and back a couple weeks ago, and found it to be an incredibly smooth-riding and comfortable highway car. There was no lack of power when I needed it. I stayed at about 85 mph all the way there.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have the 3.5 in my magnum its a great car to run around in and gets great 27 28 mpg but im so sick of hearing does it have a hemi that i have ordered a daytona and yes it will have a hemi and the wife will have a great v6

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got my wife an '06 Charger with a 3.5. We've had it about 3 weeks now. The car has plenty of power. It is a very nice driving car. It will not beat my '03 Mustang Cobra in 1/4 mile, but either will the Hemi. The 3.5 has no problem getting up to speed when entering the freeway.

Your wife will love it.

·
EATEN FORD SH!TIN CHEVY'S
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
speaking of that hemi. we test drove that to get a feel for the car and how it rides. after getting back to the dealer i looked down and it was getting 10.3 miles to the gallon. that model hemi has some thing were under normal driving conditions it operaters on 4 cylinders and when you punch it all 8 kick in. go figure.....

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
jlee989 said:
speaking of that hemi. we test drove that to get a feel for the car and how it rides. after getting back to the dealer i looked down and it was getting 10.3 miles to the gallon. that model hemi has some thing were under normal driving conditions it operaters on 4 cylinders and when you punch it all 8 kick in. go figure.....
Yes. I believe it is called MSD or something like that. When you drive around town and take it easy on the gas, it operates on 4 cylinders. BUT, when you get on it or are taking it for a run, it operates on all 8 cylinders. I foget exactly what it is called, sorry. Good luck car shopping!!!! :gr_patrio :rck:

·
Registered
42 Posts
tones2SS said:
Yes. I believe it is called MSD or something like that. When you drive around town and take it easy on the gas, it operates on 4 cylinders. BUT, when you get on it or are taking it for a run, it operates on all 8 cylinders. I foget exactly what it is called, sorry. Good luck car shopping!!!! :gr_patrio :rck:
It is MDS - Multiple Displacement System - where under certain conditions (lots of different variables go into this, throttle, speed, etc) the onboard computer will shut down 4 of the 8 cylinders. It takes 4 micro seconds (that .004 seconds) for the cylinders to activate/deactivate. Most people have claimed that they cannot tell when it is doing this, but others have said there is a slight exhaust note change when the system is on, (cylinders deactivated).

BTW, the only thing that occurs when the system is on is that the 4 cylinders' values do not open, they remain closed. However, the piston continues to cycle up and down with the crank.

·
Registered
180 Posts
jlee989 said:
My wife likes the charger a lot. She does not want the V-8 (I've tried and tried to talk her into it) but she's fine with the V-6. I guess it makes modest power 250hp's. Has anybody test drove one yet with the 6 in it? need some butt dyno results!!!! :help:
LOL! My wife is the same way. She told me she is affraid she would "get in trouble" with the Hemi. We went and test drove one this past weekend. I posted up in the General Forum about it. We drove a Ford 500 and a Charger back to back. The one thing you'll notice thats different from other sedans out there is the "fastback" roof. The windshield is a little smaller. But, its not that big of a deal really. It kinda gives it a more "sporty" feel to it. And rwd just rocks! Like its been said, the power is good for a car that size. 250 hp is nothing to sneeze at. Its got plenty of power to get up and go on the highway. I drove a 3.5L Altima last night, and it might have a little more "kick" to it when you punch it getting on the highway. But, that damn tq. steer! Did I mention I like rwd? To me, thats what makes the Charger shine over all the other sedans out there. Get the wife the 3.5 Charger and she'll be happy. We are sold on the Charger and will be getting one in Oct.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Kirby said:
LOL! My wife is the same way. She told me she is affraid she would "get in trouble" with the Hemi. We went and test drove one this past weekend. I posted up in the General Forum about it. We drove a Ford 500 and a Charger back to back. The one thing you'll notice thats different from other sedans out there is the "fastback" roof. The windshield is a little smaller. But, its not that big of a deal really. It kinda gives it a more "sporty" feel to it. And rwd just rocks! Like its been said, the power is good for a car that size. 250 hp is nothing to sneeze at. Its got plenty of power to get up and go on the highway. I drove a 3.5L Altima last night, and it might have a little more "kick" to it when you punch it getting on the highway. But, that damn tq. steer! Did I mention I like rwd? To me, thats what makes the Charger shine over all the other sedans out there. Get the wife the 3.5 Charger and she'll be happy. We are sold on the Charger and will be getting one in Oct.
AWESOME!!! Good for you guys!!! GOOD LUCK WITH HER!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.