DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking at a 5.9L diesel 99 Dodge 2500 4x4 auto with 219k miles, lifted and other mods to it like new injectors that increase hp by 125 and its been chipped. I was wondering what things I should look out for like any problems I may over look and what kind of mpg does something like this gets. my family had a 01 ford f350 dually with the 7.3L powerstroke in it and it got like 16 mpg highway and I've looked on other forums as well and people have been claiming to get between 13-21 mpg hwy and was wondering how close that would be accurate any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have owned my truck for 16yrs modifications are in my signature. MPG's before they removed the sulfur in diesel fuel I could get 24 mpg if I held it under 70. Now I get 18.5 to 19 with Walmart 2 cycle TWC3 oil in the tank about 1oz. per gallon. Spray methanol I get 21mpg 1 gallon of M1 methanol to 7 gallons of distilled water.
My Truck has stock tires 6 speed manual trans and 3:54 rear gear.

Lifted with 125's big tires you may get 15-16 mpg maybe 17 if your lucky, this is just a guess.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hard to say what to look out for. Check the joints, blow by, maintenance records, etc. If you dont feel comfortable with it you can always ask if you can arrange for it to be brought it to a shop to be checked out. With it being a 99 it could have what is known as a 53 block which tend to chack but I heard if it hasn't by 150k miles then it likely will not crack if that makes sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.