DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, havent posted anything for a while but i was looking around the internet to see if they have made a chip for my 04 1500 with the 4.7 and in fact i found that performance products has a superchip cortex that says it will hook up to the 3.7, the 4.7 and the 5.7. . . . . part number 3950. I looked on superchip's site and i couldnt find it. . . . .does anyone have any info on that. I have been waiting for a little while now for a superchip for my truck. . . . .i hope i am reading this right :rck: I searched for the answer and could not find it. Any help would be great! Thanks

Here is the link that i got the part number off of

http://www.performanceproducts4trucks.com/productpage.aspx?cid=17&sid=79&pid=112385

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Unless I am mistaken that unit is not in shipping yet for the any of the Dodge products. I know everyone seems to have a listing for it but it just isnt out there.

Bill

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. . . . i saw were they were shipping in November. I just want to make sure that it really is for the 4.7. . . . .i have been wanting a chip to wake this truck up a little more

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, i ordered it. . . .i figured since it said that it was for an 04 1500 4.7 it was worth a shot. Ill keep yall posted on how it goes. . . . .CROSSED FINGERS! LOL

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
People want to know!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL i want to know too :rck: I will let ya know how it hooks up as soon as i get it and give it a little test drive :drivingz:

·
Registered
119 Posts
keep us 4.7 informed

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I really hope it works out for you.. I checked on superchips site and they dont have it listed for your year or motor.

·
Banned
3,572 Posts
matts98xjsport said:
well, i ordered it. . . .i figured since it said that it was for an 04 1500 4.7 it was worth a shot. Ill keep yall posted on how it goes. . . . .CROSSED FINGERS! LOL
man really hope it works for you but i woulda contacted sc first

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
They will just hold your money until the unit is released and then ship it to you. A few people here have some inside connections with SC. One barely got the prototype cortex about a week or two ago. So I wouldn't expect it to be out until after the 1st of the year if that.

KB

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I contacted performance parts via email and they told me that it wouldnt work and that they were going to refund my money. Sorry yall. . . . .i was excited!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
That sucks to hear that

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do not get why it takes so darn long to get a 4.7 program designed. . . . .its not the most popular engine, but. . . . . . there are some folks that want to play too!;)

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Thats a bummer but at least you caught it before you got some tuner, tried it, and nothing....

You're back to the same boat as me, waiting on SCT haha

·
Registered
217 Posts
Damn I was excited when I seen this :-/

Why oh why did I have to get an 04 lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HAHA thats what i think every now and again too. .. . .sometimes i even wonder why a 4.7

·
15,912 Posts
matts98xjsport said:
I do not get why it takes so darn long to get a 4.7 program designed. . . . .its not the most popular engine, but. . . . . . there are some folks that want to play too!;)
At this point I do not think that SC will EVER put out a tuner for the 4.7.....at least not the current 4.7. They might jump on the new 4.7. Unfortunately, you guys are probably out of luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.