DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been a member for awhile. Love the site. Great things on here! However, Its seems like its being taken over by HEMI owners. Now before the hot heads start bitching, know that I'm NOT against HEMI's at all. Its a great engine. I just wish there were more 3GEN 5.9 owners on here. The HEMI guys are just having a field day with performance, and whatever else. Where are all the 5.9 Owners hiding, and dont tell me 2GEN, because there are difference between the 01 5.9 and the 02-03 5.9, not much, but there are differences. I'm still trying to find more information pertaining to the SUPERCHIPS 3715. What are your honest opinions about this pack? Dyno charts available, because I written SUPERCHIPS, and it wasnt pretty! Well I hope to hear more from 5.9 owners, if not then I guess I'm just SOL. Thanks!

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
There are tons of hop up parts for the 360. Camshafts, headers for wicked cheap, programmers, rocker arms, custom programming, etc...

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
Rolland, your still deployed right?...when you comin back? stay safe until then and...THANKS!!!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
i have the 02 5.9 with a superchip 3715 it help me out alot it helps the 5.9 out ...

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I can hook you up with a great deal on the 3715 if your in the market...

But as it was pointed out... there are a ton of mods available for the 5.9L... and it can easily be built to hang with its younger brother... so your in no way SOL.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
Hey Brother, you got a fellow '02 360 owner here. Like stated above, there is plenty of aftermarket available for these engines. I have yet to dig into the top end of my motor mostly because of $$$ and because it's a daily driver and I can't really afford to have it out of commission for too long if I screw it up installing something. Mods I have are down below. And I always thought I was pretty much the only 3rd gen guy with a 360 looking for some serious performance sooner or later. Remember we got the Hemi guys beat by 15 cubic inches and there is no replacement for displacement! J/K. I bought the truck before the Hemi came out and it's paid off now and I see no reason to take on a new vehicle payment.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I've got a 5.9 in my 05 :D

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
I have the 5.9 and know how you feel about all the Hemis. I bought my truck used for a good deal and never thought about do I want the Hemi or not. I test drove the truck and rest is history. The 5.9 is just like any motor....you get what you put into it. I havn't did any changes to the motor yet would like to in the future. Cam, heads, headers, etc would be nice. I like to produce horsepower out of the motor rather than add NOS and surpercharger or turbo. That stuff can come later on. I however installed the Superchips and honestly felt just a little difference far as horsepower. Now throttle responce picked up big time and the truck seems more "peppy" but that was about it. Being able to change tire hieght,check and clear codes,remove speed limiter, and move up the rev limter is nice, but other than that I would not have bought it. I would first try a different (MOPAR) PCM or by another PCM and have it flashed with a performance flash from the Fastman and keep your stock one on stand by. The main reason I would have done the PCM route is you change your shift points which you can not do that with the Superchips for the 5.9! I would seriously save your money and go with the PCM route!

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
ive heard of 30hp gains from superchips on the 5.9s BUT HELL I DONT KNOW haha

·
Registered
1,111 Posts

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Why does that look like a fake dynograph

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't know maybe I just made it????
Probably because they are on some kooky format, I am not good at uploading these things.
I'm a hot rodder, not a computer guy Sorry
Ron

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
Code:
Superchipstuner said:
:gr_patrio I hope this helps out.
I have the 03 Ram 5.9 now I see on your chart for the 01 5.9 Ram that max HP gain was 37 HP. Then why do I not have that kind of gain? The only difference I feel is just the truck seems a little more "peppy". I'm sure I could feel the difference between stock and 37 more HP wouldn't I?

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Uh yeah... 37 horse would be a major butt dyno likey

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.