DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1979 Dodge w400, w/ 360....i bought the ngk vpower plugs, and am wondering what the gap would be . No sticker under the hood :(

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
moe in wichita ks
sometimes small block mopars like .045 and some times they dont. just be sure and put a dab of anti-sieze compound on the threads, just a dab, and only on the threads.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
i thought we were running 45 on the HEI conversions?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
moe in wichita ks
are you on the wrong web site? who on a dodge site is running a HEI conversion. cause i know i wouldnt log in to a cheby site. ???????????

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
he he he moe you are funny when it gets late night. I was speaking about the much praised conversion that bruce has showed us...because it is a hotter ign. it needs a greater gap. I have never been to a cheby site but soon i will...I am scouting out an 85 or 86 to do a rear disk conversion. just as soon as i find out how the parking brake is kept and if the 85 and 86 chebies are interchangable.

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Yeah .035" on pretty much every Dodge engine from 93-back.

And could somebody please remind me why the HEI swap is so much better? :D

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
moe in wichita ks
well i tryed .045 on a stock 77, 318 and a 82, 360, both with stock chrysler ignition it didnt harm any thing but iam not sure it helped, but i do know if you try it it will not cause trouble.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.