DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be towing my 67' Coronet on an open car trailer from AK to MS.* I have BFG 285/70/17 tires... I have read the side wall for towing info... But I want real world answers.. Has anyone here with those tires towed anything similar and how did the tires hold up? TP suggestions?* I can read the side wall all day long - I just want to hear about real world experiences...Thanks!

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
You will be perfectly fine. I towed a '68 Ford Mustang from Middleburg, FL to Asheville, NC with a set of BFG A/T's and they barely wore.

·
MADBRAD
1,155 Posts
Yah you will be fine. My Dad has had KO tires on his GMC HD2500 for years and pulls a big fifth wheel everywhere.

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
Should be fine if you follow all the proper precautions - trailer brakes, proper fluids, etc. BTW, the sidewall won't provide any towing information. Your O/M will contain all the info you need.

·
SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks... I was reading the max weight on the side wall (something about 3600 lbs max ) ... the tires aren't factory... But more importantly I was curious about what folks have experienced... Thanks to all for you're imput!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.