DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
muddauber5.7
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying some Atlas 17x8 American racing wheels and was wondering if the polished aluminum are as shiny as the chrome? In a pic. they look identical but theres $50 a piece difference. And I'm going to buy 295/70/17 nitto terra grapplers, What do you think?? Buy the way these are going on 1500 QC 4x4 with just a t-bar leveling. Thanks

·
Been HEMIphied
1,933 Posts
The polished won't be as bright for long, although at first there may not be much difference. If you live where they salt the roads, you may want to hang on to the factory wheels and tires to run in the winter. The aftermarket wheels, either polished or chrome, never seem to fare well over the winter months.

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Stay away from polished aluminum wheels. I've had 2 sets and unless you clean and polish them atleast once a week they will be extremely dull in no time. I'll never buy anything else but chrome again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a set of polished aluminum on my '99 Ram. What a pain keeping them up, especially in the winter from the salt. Never again for me. Stay with the regular finish unless you like a lot of work, you probably won't be happy.

Chuck

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
you can get polished ones powder coated and they will stay nice.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
I don't see why they still sell the polished rims!!

·
muddauber5.7
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I figured with them being that much cheaper that they must be a high maintenance rim or don't have much of a shine to them.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I think I like the look of a polished rim better.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ended up bying polished wheels.After dropping all my dough on a suspension lift and tires I couldn't spare the extra cash for chrome or else I would have.They've been on for about 2 months and still look pretty good.I figure about every 4 or 5 months I'll scrub them up and polish them.Maybee eventually I'll spray them with clear coat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts