DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Don't fruit the beer!!!
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to clean my air filter...But I can't find my cleaning kit from volant. Is anyone using something else besides the volant cleaning kit. Would a cleaning kit from k/n work. Or any maybe another oil based air filter. If not I'm stuck on waiting another 2 weeks for a replacement kit. I would really like to clean it this weekend though. Any help would greatly be appreicated!

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
When I had a Volant on my '02 4.7L I used my old K&N filter cleaning/oiling kit. Its just another filter, I dont see why it would be any different.

KB

·
Don't fruit the beer!!!
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks..that helps out a bunch. Since Pepboys down the street carries the k/n cleaner and oil. But not anything else.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ran into the same thing a few months ago. Just did a google search on "volant filter recharger kit" and found what I needed, which was item 5100 for the blue filter (5110 for the red Primo filters).

I checked a few sites and they were all about the same price. I forget who I bought from, but thhe cost was about $19.00 including shipping. Got it in 3 days from UPS ground. I would imagine you would be fine using another brand, but I just feel better using the kit designed for my filter. Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.