DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the ATS fender flares and was wondering if these are something that I can install myself?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I did mine, painting and all. The hardest part of the install is the paint work. Just follow the instrutions and make sure to prep the area really good where the two sided tape goes.

Attachments

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking truck. I was wondering what kept them up against the body. Never thought about the double sided tape. Thanks

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yup, they are easy to install. The truck is already predrilled. 4-5 screws and clips per fender. I've got a set of bushwhacker fender flares, painted by the dealer.

·
OH-----IO
260 Posts
mine had the double sided tape along with a few screws in the inner fender well, it's the same setup as the powerwagons, they use the doublesided tape and screw, not very difficult but i am not as great on the paintwork so i had mine painted at a body shop, it was $100 for all four.

·
United States Navy
230 Posts
I dropped mine off and picked it up after the magic of free installation :help: , but they stay in place pretty well. You will notice that when you hit that area with a sprayer, a lot of dirt and road grime will flow out from being trapped behind it. Just spend an extra minute flushing it out when you wash it.

No idea if it hurts the fender underneath it, but looks great. Rubber seal on it keeps it from rubbing and fits very tight with the body lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well I had to take my ATS flares off my 06 cause that damn two sided tape didn't hold up. It started to seperate within a couple days of install, and yes the area where the flares attached was throughly clean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.