DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
You will be fine as long as you run 89 octane, also get a 180 T-Stat.
I run 87 octane now without problems. So you think I would need to start running 89 octane if I were to put LT headers, even with a stock tune?

Isn't a 180 T-Stat a mod for owners in warm climates? We see temps in the negatives during winter, I'm not so sure that would be a good mod for me. Why do you mention this mod anyhow? (No offense, I just don't know much about it)

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Off Road Teacher has some O2 extensions for sale

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
I run 87 octane now without problems. So you think I would need to start running 89 octane if I were to put LT headers, even with a stock tune?

Isn't a 180 T-Stat a mod for owners in warm climates? We see temps in the negatives during winter, I'm not so sure that would be a good mod for me. Why do you mention this mod anyhow? (No offense, I just don't know much about it)
Your suppose to run 89 in the Hemi anyway, but if you do long tubes I would run 89 for sure. Long tube headers lean out your AFR and the 180 T-Stat rich up your AFR so you will not run the risk of detonation. You don't have to run the 180 T-Stat, its just to have a piece of mind. You should be find even in your colder climate as long as the T-Stat has a bypass. If anything does go wrong you will only pop a thermostat code. Clear it and move on.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.