DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

question for SRT 10 hood owners >>>>>

893 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DodgeThis_AZ 
#1 ·
I just installed a SRT hood on my truck. I'm looking into modifying the SRT ram air to connect to my air box. I've seen some options but was wondering......

has anyone done this already ? If you have, what is to stop water from entering the air box?

if you haven't, what did you do to prevent water from pouring into the engine while driving in the rain ?

anyone know of any aftermarket scoop inserts for the SRT hood ?

Thanks !

#2 ·
#3 ·
I don't think it's worth the trouble really. By the time the air goes through the air intake, turbo, intercooler, then the intake manifold, I don't think it will really make any difference.... I just use mine to let the hot air escape from under the hood....

#4 ·
Got Diesel? said:
I don't think it's worth the trouble really. By the time the air goes through the air intake, turbo, intercooler, then the intake manifold, I don't think it will really make any difference
I agree. The CTD isn't a naturally aspirated engine, its forced air via the turbo. You can’t really force air though it any faster than the turbo can suck it in. My hood is just there for looks really. I'm sure it helps keeping things a little cooler.

I personally wouldn’t connect the hood scoop to the airbox my self. Only b/c of dust, rocks, rain and God only knows what else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.