DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you use the power wire with the hyper-tech PP III? and if so will it advance the timing even further than programmer already has on 91 oct. setting.

·
Ghost Hunter
1,366 Posts
Here I'll answer it for you, since I asked the same!

AIR_RAM said:
The POWER WIRE has not yet been tested with the HYPERTECH so I can not say what to expect with that and your HYPERTECH... Im sure there has to be more than a few people who run both... they are the ones would have to answer that questions for you> I do know that there has been many testomonials about the POWER WIRE & SUPERCHIPS being used together. There are a small few who demand that the POWER WIRE has no effect but there are more people who have DYNO results saying the POWER WIRE does work well with the SUPERCHIPS and show the POWER WIRE actually richining a lean condition at WOT... This has been confirmed by 3 different customers that I know of. Again Im not sure how it would work with your HYPERTECH though.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Ghost Hunter
1,366 Posts
ooops double post!

·
Ghost Hunter
1,366 Posts
Let me know how it goes, I been thinking of aquiring one of those programmers.
I cant afford a SC one as of yet!

Some times you wish people would let you do layaways when times are hard! :lol:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can really feel the super chips.I have one and it works damn good,but the other day I stomped it after I got off the interstate,and when the engine revved up past 5800 rpm the engine started to detonate.Not a good thing.I read a couple of posts by 3471 and I found out that the super chips 3815 bypasses the AIT high temp retard,and the hot coolant temp. retard.I am not sure that this is a good thing down here in FLORIDA.Yes I have been running 93 oct.for at least 4 tanks.I might need to install a 180 thermostat to help with the above mentioned detonation at high rpm.

·
Ghost Hunter
1,366 Posts
ahhh yeah it never cools down much here, so I guess I may go with HpT route instead of the SC! Keep me posted on how it gos with the power wire & the Hypertech.

That way I know whether to get one or not!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.