DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here with any of these CAI's has had problems with the rubber bushing and support bolt that connects the filter end of the tube to the vehicle fender? Mine broke apart, apparently a while ago, so the tube was rubbing on the heatshield which gouged it up pretty good. Anyone know where to find a quick replacement bushing?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I am not sure where to get a replacement. But I used a bolt and nut to have mine secured.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have an AEM Brute Force, but I have not had any problems with it. You could probably check with the CAI manufacturer. I'm sure they would have them.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
My_First_Dodge said:
Who here with any of these CAI's has had problems with the rubber bushing and support bolt that connects the filter end of the tube to the vehicle fender? Mine broke apart, apparently a while ago, so the tube was rubbing on the heatshield which gouged it up pretty good. Anyone know where to find a quick replacement bushing?

Well if you didnt buy one of those cheap ebay knock off's Jeff, you would have the problem...Just go spend $80 again and get a new one..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thatfunny Yeah, but an $80 bushing is kinda pricey...Not to mention I never got a filter with mine in the first place... :mad:

·
New Project!...Again!
3,261 Posts
Just use a longer bolt with a couple rubber washers. It wont be as thick but atleast it will suport it. Could be a temp fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.