DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the truck for over a year now. And it sounds like I need some new brake pads. I have 2 Quetions. First I'm not sure about what warranty I have. Anyone know how I can find out?(should I call the dealers or what?) Second Will the Warranty cover worn out brake pads? Changing trans fluid and stuff? Thanks for the help. I know that not knowing my warranty makes me stupid

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Okay, here is the skinny...

Every 03 Ram like yours should have a

1 year 12,000 mile( everything is covered )
3 year 36,000 mile( bumper to bumper w/exceptions - no normal wear items covered )
7 year 70,000 mile( power train )

No warranty will cover regular maintenance items such as fluid changes. The warranty only covers defective things that require replacement.

If your brakes failed( ie; bad pads and rotors )within that 1st year or 12,000 miles they are covered by warranty. If they fail after a year or 12,000 they are not covered by either the 3/36 or 7/70 warranty.

You also had the option of buying warranty coverage to handle things not covered under the factory warranty or after it expires.

Now, your signature says a 2003. If that is the truck we are talking about then it should be more along the lines of 2-2+ years old by now. Or, did you buy it used? The factory warranty will transfer to you if it was used.

You are not stupid for not knowing. Your dealer can tell you what the vehicle has for coverage.

There are also some TSB's out there that deal with bad rotors on the Rams( 03 & 04 ). They go bad and ruin the brakes. You "MIGHT" fall under it and be able to get the brakes done free? How many miles on the truck now?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
ONZZ said:
Had the truck for over a year now. And it sounds like I need some new brake pads. I have 2 Quetions. First I'm not sure about what warranty I have. Anyone know how I can find out?(should I call the dealers or what?) Second Will the Warranty cover worn out brake pads? Changing trans fluid and stuff? Thanks for the help. I know that not knowing my warranty makes me stupid
The brake pads, wiper blades, and some other wear & tear items are warrantied for 12,000 miles or 1 calendar year, whichever comes first.

NHHEMI summarized everything else I was going to say already. :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Brought the truck New about a year and half ago. So I'll give the dealer a call tommorow and find out. Damn good info posted. Much Respect.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NHHEMI said:
Okay, here is the skinny...

Every 03 Ram like yours should have a

1 year 12,000 mile( everything is covered )
3 year 36,000 mile( bumper to bumper w/exceptions - no normal wear items covered )
7 year 70,000 mile( power train )

No warranty will cover regular maintenance items such as fluid changes. The warranty only covers defective things that require replacement.

If your brakes failed( ie; bad pads and rotors )within that 1st year or 12,000 miles they are covered by warranty. If they fail after a year or 12,000 they are not covered by either the 3/36 or 7/70 warranty.

You also had the option of buying warranty coverage to handle things not covered under the factory warranty or after it expires.

Now, your signature says a 2003. If that is the truck we are talking about then it should be more along the lines of 2-2+ years old by now. Or, did you buy it used? The factory warranty will transfer to you if it was used.

You are not stupid for not knowing. Your dealer can tell you what the vehicle has for coverage.

There are also some TSB's out there that deal with bad rotors on the Rams( 03 & 04 ). They go bad and ruin the brakes. You "MIGHT" fall under it and be able to get the brakes done free? How many miles on the truck now?

over 24K on the odometer. Whats TSB?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.