DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just bought an 08 ram 1500 and was thinking that later on when i have some extra cash laying round i wanna buy an intake.. but the problem is i wonder if i do get it would the dealership i bought it from cancel the 3 year warranty i have for it

·
Registered
48 Posts
Depends on the dealer. They say that if it's the one by MOPAR and installed by them, then you're good to go. But, I'd check with your dealership.

·
Registered
349 Posts
They cannot deny warranty on faulty parts unless they can prove that your aftermarket part caused the failure. Though they try to sound a different tune because a lot of people will believe whatever they say.

·
Gods Chariot...the CH-53E
464 Posts
^yup. take a look a SEMAs webpage. it will explain everything you need to know. besides. its really simpe to just loosen a hose clamp, take off the aftermarket intake and reinstall the stock airbox. only takes about 20 mins...and the first ten are spent looking for the right damn socket to fit!

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Buy whatever you want. Like the others said, you can't be denied waranty work for aftermarket parts. That's federal law (Manguson-Moss Warranty Act).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.