DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my truck used, and did not realize that the factory jack and tools to lower the spare tire were not under the passenger seat. Someone please tell me where I could get these parts and the estimated price for them.

I also have one other question. I have found a jack and all hardware for sale online. But it is from a 98 3/4 ton model (i.e. 2500 ctd). Would the jack and spare tire tools from this truck work on my 02 1500 ?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
not sure if they would work or not. I'm sure the jack would, just don't know if the tools would lower your spare. Why don't you call a junk yard and see how much $$ you could get them for. I would try there first, just make sure you have all parts. It should be a jack, lug wrench with pry bar, 3 tool extensions, and the 1 extension with a hook to attach to the jack, and the pouch for it all to go in.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
or, post a pic of the jack and tools you found online, and I'll tell you if the tool will work or not.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is what I found

"This is a used jack kit out of a 1998 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 truck. It comes with the jack, lug wrench, and rods to lower the spare tire."

Let me know if this looks familiar....LOL

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
the jack is different than mine, mine is a scissor jack, that is a hydraulic one, which would work because I am pretty sure the older 2500's are taller than the new 1500's anyway, so clearance shouldn't be a problem. The tool looks like it will fit from what I can tell. I don't have a pic of mine, I am at work right now. The end of the tool needs to be a square, I'd say approximately 3/8" by 3/8". That one looks about right. If it isn't too much $, I'd say get it and try it. But from what I can tell, it should work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.