DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some one my truck ATM and Everytime I go up my drive way my rear end squeeks.Is this normal? I was thinking it was probably the shackles ecause I once heared you had to grease em before you install them.Any help would be much appreciated.THANK YOUS!!!!! :help:

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Grease the shit outta them Bro! Had the problem with mine for a while. Make sure the shackles are torqued properly and nice and tight.

KB

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok :) thanks alot kenny :) so its the shackles :p

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Either that or the clamps might be causing a lil bit of binding. You know from being tight and limiting their flexibilty a lil bit going up an incline at an angle. You should try the overload removal, bet you'd like it dawg.

KB

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have been thinking of doing it.One weekend Ill say I'll do it but im nervous I will mess up my entire rear suspension.I was also thinking if I put the Overload and the one before it over the other two,too see if I got another few inches of drop.But I might just lose the clamps and just do the shackles.And if my nerves die off I will do the leaf removal :p Do you think if I do a leaf removal and a 1.5 inch front drop it would look lower and leveled?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I would stick with just the overload. It gets more complex removing the middle leafs etc. Plus you only wanna pull one leaf, anymore is not good. The shackles with overload removal will pretty much level you up. If you drop the front 1.5" you will have a rake again, but it will still look good.

KB

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok :) ill go with only the leaf removal.Thanks for the advice ken :) Ill try to get some pics up after im done doin the removal.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Yeah Buddy! :rck: I believe theres a walkthrough on it in slammed1s forum or the sport truck forum. Look it up.

KB

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Double check and make sure that your bolt is in the right way on the shackle also. I installed mine and had the top bolt in wrong and it was a NASTY noise!!! I had to pull the shackle off and reinstall the top bolt first. You will see a mark on your frame if its wrong. Common problem

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that happend to me the first time also HappyHour.The bolt dug into my frame.I was suprised the bolt didn't bend,but the frame did.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
No doubt! Strong ass bolt!! lol

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.