DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a dumb question. I am new to water cooled vehicles and I just replaced the radiator and thermostat on my 1994 B250 Dodge Van. After it warms up the antifreeze leaks pretty badly from from the Upper Radiator hose thermostat area - Are you supposed to put blue silicone between the hose and the male connector, or just under the connector on the gasket? I suppose that one hose clamp isn't enough ? Also I accidentally disassembled a couple of bolts that I can't get to bite when I try to put them back in - although they seem unrelated - I don't think any go into a water jacket and would leak? not sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No silicone gasket needed on hose. Might need a new clamp.
I'm not sure if the 94 is the same as the 98 360 engine, but the photo is what the top neck looks like without the hose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes that is the same part. I replaced it because it was beat up, with a new gasket but still leaking. Also accidentally removed a couple of the bolts you have pictured on the left bottom, can can't get them to bite back again. not sure if needed been driving without them but again it's leaking from the area pictured, although mine is behind an alternator (v6)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hopefully the tdd threads are not stripped. Maybe try new hardware. There should be a paper gasket and then apply silicone. My engine has the alternator in the way as well.

·
Elder User
3,117 Posts
Are you supposed to put blue silicone between the hose and the male connector, or just under the connector on the gasket?
I only put it on the t-stat mating surfaces and not on any hoses. One hose clamp should do the job. Is it a new hose or the existing one, and if it's the existing one did you check the hose for any splits?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, just replace the hose. (Part number in photo). It's less than $15 at your local auto parts store.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yes that is the same part. I replaced it because it was beat up, with a new gasket but still leaking. Also accidentally removed a couple of the bolts you have pictured on the left bottom, can can't get them to bite back again. not sure if needed been driving without them but again it's leaking from the area pictured, although mine is behind an alternator (v6)
The water pump bolts have different lengths, which may be the reason why you can't get them to bite. Rent a thread cleaning set from your local auto parts store to clean the bolts and holes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts