DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a question regarding the quad cab 3.7 5spd ram. i have read the threads regarding the 3.7 but it seems that most owners on here that have the 3.7 have the reg cab setup. i will never use the truck to tow and will only use it for the occasional hardware store trip. with that being said, for those owners with the quad cab can you tell me what you like and dislike about it. does the 3.7 qc have adequate acceleration? is the gas mileage pretty much the same as the reg cabs? and does the 5 spd tranny work well with the 3.7?

thanks for you help,

CaTiRo

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 3.7l with an auto. Its a QC. I bought it for around town and family trips. I get about 23-25 on the highway and 16 around town. Its no Hemi, but i am very happy with it for around town and highway driving.

Sean

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know the acceleration is slow. would you say its comparable to a base model civic, corolla, neon ... etc? or does it feel like the slowest thing on the road. the gas mileage is one reason i'm looking at ithe 3.7L. but because of the family i would need a quad cab.

does the manual get better gas mileage than the automatic?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Grape said:
I get about 23-25 on the highway and 16 around town.
:crazy: :gr_bs: :shocked:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bet it's gets better mileage than your truck does, brockman.

I get 22+ from my 3.7 RC on the highway, usually average anywhere from 19.5 to 22 depending on where I am. I drive like a granny too, which helps.

You gonna call me a liar too?

·
A Little Show & No Go
543 Posts
I drive a mix of city / highway driving and I'm lucky to see 18 MPG. Mine is a quad cab 3.7L with a manual 5 speed, and on the 17" wheels it got around OK, but with the 20" wheels it's suffering a bit. Do yourself a favor and at least go with the 4.7L you will be much happier and you really won't see a big MPG difference. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Selecter said:
I bet it's gets better mileage than your truck does, brockman.

I get 22+ from my 3.7 RC on the highway, usually average anywhere from 19.5 to 22 depending on where I am. I drive like a granny too, which helps.

You gonna call me a liar too?
You'd most likely lose that bet, Selecter.

I'm not going to call you a liar, but obviously your conscious must be bothering you as you typed it. :D

As a matter of fact, I got 22.7 mpg hand-calculated on my trip to Myrtle Beach, SC last summer. That included my wife, 4 year old daughter, luggage, and a truck load of crap for the beach.....I ran 75 & 80 mph 95% of the way down there (speed limit in TN & Carolinas is 70 mph---no grandma-style driving at all) including use of the A/C....all thru the mountains on I-75 in KY & TN, I-40 thru the Carolinas, and I-26.....over 652 miles on a single tank (34 gal) before the low fuel light came on. Oh, and I also have 336 hp & 665 torque at the rear wheels as well. I can consistently get mid to low 18's even on short trips around home. My truck weighs a tad over 7,200 lbs by the way.

Anytime you want to come to KY, I'll buy the fuel and we'll run'em like hell on I-75 from OH to TN and compare fuel economy....on one condition...the loser pays 3x what the fuel bill was for both trucks. :cool:
Greg

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I have a 5sp 3.7 reg cab and I get like 15.?? mpg, it blows!!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Brock, where is Sand Gap, my unlce used to live in Radcliff, near E-town, but he just moved a few weeks ago, I'm not sure where

·
Registered
122 Posts
No. whats bothering me is the fscking attitude here towards anything that does not have a Hemi in it. Yeah the guy is probably shading his mileage a bit. But the poster who called him on it has a truck that probably doesnt even get 13 MPG. WTF?

EDIT: Just read your post Brockman. Obviously there no way I can get down there to take that bet, but I'd take it in a heart beat if I could. I'd win big.

DOUBLE EDIT: I didnt see where you had a CTD - that makes it MUCH more believeable. I thought you were running a gasser, 5.9 type. I might not win, but it would be a horse race.

I have a idea on this. I have to fill up my tank today, and I think it's time to show off what my truck does. If dozens of Hemi owners can brag, then I'm gonna brag too. Time for a little show and tell.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
RammingDodge said:
Brock, where is Sand Gap, my unlce used to live in Radcliff, near E-town, but he just moved a few weeks ago, I'm not sure where
Sand Gap is about 18 mi southeast of Berea & I-75....just off HWY 421.
Greg

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
oh ok, well that still doesn't help me out though, lol. The only places I know are Louisville, Radcliff and E-town. I am going to probably moving up there to go to Univ. of Louisville's law school in about a year and a half.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Selector why havent you taken a picture of your DTE and posted in in the JET STREAM giveaway?.... Im sure you would have one of the better DTE... and it would be another way of making your point... but so far a 5.7L has the lead... So snap a picture of your BEST DTE and post it on the JET STREAM give away tread....

And there is nothing wrong with the 3.7L... I know what your saying though as the 4.7L guys fight the same battle.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
And to date I have NOT seen anyone get a better DTE than my 456DTE and I have a 4.7L in a Quad Cab.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.