DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend that i work with has a 05' hemi quad cab. he sent his pcm to dc motorsports to a guy named chris jenson to have his computer reflashed with a performance tune( i'm assuming, a general performance tune) he got the pcm back and , WOW night and day difference. i hear alot of this from guys who have gotten the superchips, or b&g flash, how much faster or stronger thier trucks feel.
my question is this.... since i have a 03' hemi, when/if diablo comes out with there hand held, will my truck respond to it like everyone's else truck does?
i know, i know, every ones will be different based on mods, its was a general question. it just kinda sucks not being able to go forward with more mods due to not having any type of tuner. i could go out a buy a superchips, but i heard they dont do anything for the 03' guys and i could get a smt6or psc1, but if sct or diablo is around the corner with something, i dont want to waist the money.
sorry of the long question and the little rant. just fustrated

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Superchips is already working great on the 03 trucks if yuo dont want to wait on Diablo or SCT. And many of us are using that with the SMT6 and are able to set our air/fuel right...Our only downside is the shift points.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I Googled, DC Motorsports Chris Jensen, and came up with this.

http://www.dcperformance.com/hemichips.htm
NEW SRT8 "Hot Flash"

6800rpm rev limit
750 idle speed
Torque Management delete
1st gear wide open throttle.
Dramatic seat of the pants improvement.

We now offer performance calibrations for all Hemi models:

Revised timing and fuel curve
Torque Management removed
Idle speed increased
6000 rpm rev limit
145mph speed limiter

We modify your controller. Turn around time is usually 3 days.
KB

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm telling you, i dont know what they do, but its like night and day difference. all i can say, is before my buddy got his done, i could bet him by about 1 full truck length. now he can beat me by 2-2 1/2

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've talked to chris jenson personally. he laughs at b&g. go out to the magazine store, there is a truck mag out(i forget the name--something like sport truck mag.) there is a silver srt-10 ram with a supercharger and direct port nitrous, the title is call the 6000 lbs silver bullet. he programmed that pcm and the owner gives him props in the artical. chris is super cool to talk to. dc is pricey, but they do great work

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
dodgeboy222 said:
i've talked to chris jenson personally. he laughs at b&g. go out to the magazine store, there is a truck mag out(i forget the name--something like sport truck mag.) there is a silver srt-10 ram with a supercharger and direct port nitrous, the title is call the 6000 lbs silver bullet. he programmed that pcm and the owner gives him props in the artical. chris is super cool to talk to. dc is pricey, but they do great work
its trucking

vol 33 # 13

let me re read the article again

edit: yea he does give chris jenson praises... its a JTEC calibration

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yea the DC guys claim they don't send the PCM's to Dave but I doubt it. With the Diablo CMR almost out for the trucks sending your PCM out for a flash is about a thing of the past. Just be patient a little while longer.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HEMI450HP said:
I wonder if they could get me a 7000rpm rev limiter?

want me to call chris and ask ? you have a 03' correct? if so your in the same boat i am. he told me he cant do anything with the 03's. if you have something else let me know, i'm sure he can do it.
they can do jtech or ngc. they do all my customers viper stuff.
i can assure you they dont send or copy anything from b&g. chris jenson is a top of the line tuner. he does 1000+ hp vipers on a daily basis. he knows alot about the smt6. we were talking about it for me, but he told me to wait for the diablo. i got tired of waiting so i ordered the superchips so i can put my cam in.
you guys can think they send stuff to b&g if you want, thats fine by me. but he has done great things with the pcm's i've sent him so far. if i have a problem in the future he's the one i'll call. he even said he would make me tunes and email them to me when i get the diablo. he told me thats easy, lol ! the hardest part he said, was getting into the NGC1 of the 03's and the trani controller. i'm not even sure he would mind me throwing out his name on the internet.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Yes...I have an 03. With my build, I NEED a 7000 rpm rev limiter. Without it, I am willing to bet that my truck will be a half second slower than it is capable of.

·
Good Bye
1,170 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Yes...I have an 03. With my build, I NEED a 7000 rpm rev limiter. Without it, I am willing to bet that my truck will be a half second slower than it is capable of.
What cam is going in?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Beast2 said:
A half second? I think that's a little extreme. Do you think that a 7,000 RPM rev limit will let you catch Brad?
With my intake manifold and cam, it is going to be a high revving motor...Without the ability to rev, it is going to kill my ET's. And my goal is to catch Brad.

Also, if I cant get the 7000 RPM rev limiter before I hit the track, Brad said he woudl let me try his...This will give me a good idea of how much the limiter will affect my ET.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.