DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being new to diesel.... it could be normal but, anytime I shut the engine down ( even after a mintue or 2 cool down at idle ) there's a big shutter and then shut down.

I've yet to run any additives ( stanadyne on the way ) but, could this help my problem or.... is it even a problem ?

Thanks ! :WHT:

btw.... I spoke with a tech at Edge about their reprogrammers. He said necause it's plugged in after the ECM, it leaves no trace of being there.

I also spoke with a friend that has a 06 CTD and he was told be the dealer that the Edge and I believe bulldog being installed do not void any warranties. He claims they've been test and show no adverse affect on the EMC. ???

Guess it just might depend on who you talk to though.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
the engine shut down shutter is normal (even though it can be annoying).

As far as Edge and the warranty, some dealers are less anal about performance mods (some even sell some of the stuff), but an engine malfunction (ie injectors, valves, etc) or tranny failure (very likely on the high performance settings with abuse) are going to have the warranty voided by either DC or Cummins if they think the reason for the failure is the result of the add on (which of course would probably be the reason, right?).

Buyer beware...

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
BTW...by the looks of your signature, it appears you have a pretty bad truck there. Get a few more posts so you can post some pictures (you need 5 or 10 before you can post any pics).
I want to see your truck...and Welcome to Dodgetalk! :D

·
Registered
576 Posts
yeah he didn't waste any time with those mods, eh.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
will post some as soon as I'm able....

it's so new, I haven't had a chance to take any pics yet.

Matt.... the stock truck is nice but, as everyone knows here.... they can be much nicer.

This isn't my first Ram I've built so I know, who, where and how to build a little performance.

I had one of the first Ram pages online back in 1995. It was just about the most popular online at the time as there were no others. The Ram was so new, there really weren't many parts to build one with.

This is the truck......

Borla cat-back
S/S headers
MSD ignition
Airaid throttle body riser
dual oil filter relocating kit
Mopar performance computer
Procomp 3" suspension lift
Tough country dual steering stablizers
3" body lift
S/S underdrive pulleys
MSD 8.5 spark wires
14" K&N open filter
Mopar performance lifters and push rods
Mopar performance
double timing chain
Mopar performance valve covers

these pics are from those days so, their not the greatest quality......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.