DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:gr_patrio I went mud slinging in my 01 ram 15 off road last week and i've had a squeal in the front when turning ever sense. I check p/s after I was dawn bogging and found it over flowed and burned. so i figured water got in it and changed the flued. It quieted down a little bet. Any body else seen these be for? Will a p/s pump rebuild fix it or do i need to replace it? :help: :help:

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
Is it like a moaning or buzzing type sound? Mine started to do that really loudly and it turned out that I needed a new power steering box.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its more of a moan. I messed with it today and found that it only does it when the trucks front wheels are on the ground if you jake up the frt end off the it wont do it. It will also do it when i corner with the off and out of gear (5 speed). I guess gear box could be possible or maybe ball joints. Ram15

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I wonder if it could have been goo caught up in the front end some where. Maybe not the PS system at all..... Dunno. Seems to me like the PS fluid would be hard to contaminate. It'd be easier to explain if maybe you hit a mudd or water puddle just right and knocked what ever goo you had in there out. Go back over the front end with a fine tooth combe. Check and make sure everything that needs grease has plenty. May be a good time to swap out your gear fluid too. Check your ball joints, hubs, and ujoints as well.

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
If it turns out to be that the steering box is bad get the 3500 gear box. Direct swap, tougher and actually cheaper than the 1500 gear box. Good luck.

·
fuggin EH!!!
1,332 Posts
A couple years ago after I went mud boggin, I started to get all kinds of squeaks when I'd be turning. Ended up being the balljoints. Muddy water is a killer on the balljoints and hub bearings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.