DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
i am not running one, but i have heard good things about them. fools your electronic waste gate into not opening until 40 lbs boost or so. doesnt throw anycodes.
does your bullydog alter boost at all? if not might be a good add on to get a bit extra out of the stock turbo.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the extreme setting it will hit 35psi, but drops quickly. My concern is the factory intercooler and head bolts can't handle much more boost than stock.

·
Registered
161 Posts
do you have the metal or plastic parts on the intercooler. if they are metal then you are good to about 45 psi.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, the plastic pieces.

·
Registered
161 Posts
well...wait until they crack. get them replaced underwarranty. then run the boost fooler. or run the boost fooler now and wait for it to crack and then get it replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered it today, so i guess i'll try option 2. Truck already has 57,000 miles and no problems yet(famous last words).

·
Registered
442 Posts
Im running the Edge EZ which I understand is a pressure box. Will this boost fooler do anything for me?

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
I'm not sure if the EZ does boost fooling or not. I know I could never get above 31psi with the EZ on my 03 so I'm inclined to think it doesn't. You might try it but just be careful that you don't make too much boost and blow your turbo. I don't think that 03 turbo is good above 40psi.....

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
The Edge EZ does boost fooling. With the adjustable boost elbow on and the EZ set to 70hp I was able to hit 34psi. No overboost codes was thrown.
The stock turbos on the '03-04s are only good to about 30psi or so. 35psi and above is the danger zone and will cause an early death.

MikeyB

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
The boost elbow was only for the 03's and early 04's. It was eliminated when the 600 series came out.

·
Registered
442 Posts
So, it would the same for me to just put on the elbow? My top boost right now is 22psi.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Yes, you should have got the boost elbow and also the instructions in the box when you bought it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I bought my EZ used from a guy at DTR. It did not come with the elbow. I have seen some adjustable elbows on eBay for around $30. Do you think its worth the money if I want to stay in the "safe" range of 30 - 35 psi?....I would only be gaining 8 - 13 psi.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
im about to drop the ball on the boost fooler. will probably order it tonight. The BD only does 34lbs of boost. it would be pretty sweet to see 40

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Deke said:
I bought my EZ used from a guy at DTR. It did not come with the elbow. I have seen some adjustable elbows on eBay for around $30. Do you think its worth the money if I want to stay in the "safe" range of 30 - 35 psi?....I would only be gaining 8 - 13 psi.
It's worth it. Having the extra boost lowered my EGTs by 200 degrees with the EZ on.

MikeyB

·
Big Riggin'
549 Posts
Look more at it like a percetage. If your seeing 22 and you go up to 35lbs, that's a large increase. I would keep factory turbo's on the 03 04's to 30 lbs personally. I've seen 05 and 06 turbos pound out 45lbs constantly. The only concern being letting out of the throttle gently so as not to bark the turbo hard enough to snap a shaft.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.