DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what mods would it take to get a quad cab hemi 2wd into the low 14's on stock street tires with the 17" wheels ?

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
it depends, what are you running now. I would immediatley say 4.10s, intake, exhaust, 6.1L cam and Superchips.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
it depends on the altitude as well. my truck has a intake long tube headers and 6.1 cam and im running in the mid 16's so if you have a better altitude you will be doing really well w/ my mods. (el paso is about 3500-4000 ft)

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
03ramit1 said:
it depends on the altitude as well. my truck has a intake long tube headers and 6.1 cam and im running in the mid 16's so if you have a better altitude you will be doing really well w/ my mods. (el paso is about 3500-4000 ft)
I always feel better about my times when I hear from you guys at altitude! But then I realize if I was at 4,000 feet I'd be running mid 17's, or if you came out here, you'd be in the 14's.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm running a 14.8 1/4 with my mods. I would say a decent rear end would probably put me to about mid 14's and then you got a choice of spray or a cam and your low 14's. :D

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
I ran a 14.82 last spring before I installed the moes traction bars and headers/cutouts. That was on m and h street slicks and lots of weight removed. You wont get there with street tires i dont think. They are doing the test and tunes on sunday afternoon here so I will soon be there seeing what the headers and tractions bars did for me.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I ran my best 14.7 in street trim with my current mods on it.
I think with some exhaust work and maybe the e-fan I could lower that a little bit.

I'd do gears but what's the point?
I'm just going to have my rear end replaced under warranty in another 15k miles and they'll just put 3.92s back in.

·
Banned
754 Posts
my best was 16.2 with the 355 peg leg. I couldnt hook at all with the 4.56 and street tires so i had to get the dot slicks

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
I ran a 14.86 last year and it was my first and only run at the track. I had pretty much the same mods listed in my sig except I didnt have my superchips programmer at that time. So my truck is mid to low 14s now. Now im going to add viper fans, comp 260 cam w/ springs retainers and pushrods, as well as a APS torque converter and ill be looking at high 13s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.