DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 01 quad cab and my passenger side rear door squeaks whenever i hit a bump. It appears to close nice and tight, no air leaks. Is there an adjustment that can be made on the latches? Its really an irritating noise, anyone else have this problem?...

· Registered
839 Posts
Mine will squeek a little if you twist the truck hard. I'd try to put a little grease on the latch and door pin. Lube the hinges while you're at it.

· Registered
82 Posts
that kinda sounds like the problem I have, not sure if its the door or not. Everytime I go over a bump I hear a very noticable squeak. At first I thought it was my rear bench seat rubbing against the metal clip, but I took it out and put some weatherstripping on there and it still squeaks. Was thinking its either my door (rear driver side) or possibly my bed might be loose. Gonna take it to my local Lithia and have them look at it on the weekend. Prolly charge me a grand to fix it :VHOT:

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fixed my door squeak today...I got to looking and noticed the plastic cover over the latch? that mounts inside the cab itself. I took the two torx screws out which uncovers the latch which has slots for adjustment either in or out. Mine was already moved all the way in so I took the three 13mm bolts out, removed the latch and used a rat tail file to elongate the adjustment slots. I only moved the latch in a 1/16 or so. Took a test drive an no squeak. The doors still close fine too. I lubed up the locking mechanism, put the cover back on and I was done. Easy fix and didn't cost a dime, can't beat that :rck:

· Registered
608 Posts
WARRLORD said:
If you find anything on aligning rear QC doors post it, I am looking for that info too.
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1997/23-55-97.htm is all I've ever seen. My two rear doors have slightly different profiles to each other.

There's a rubber wedge at the bottom of the aperture (on the edge of the striker plate). Check that moves freely on its pin, it limits the movement of the door in the frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.