DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1978 Lil red express? it has 65's in it but i am getting watery soot blowing out of the stacks! autolite's seem to be the plug of choice,but i'm up for any other suggestions.

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Yeap it's the right plug. Autolite 65 and Champion RN12YC are the same, Champion was the factory plug but the Autolite works just as good. It's normal for a good engine to have some water in the exhaust.

·
Mopar Madness - Get it...
4,032 Posts
My 79' (360 2bbl. - NOT the Hi-Po engine that came in a LRE) calls for (From the book) Autolite 64's .... Not sure if that's one step hotter or colder than 65's ....
I've run Autolites from day one .. Since I've had it anyway... Have recently given the Champion 'Truck Plugs' a try. Run fine, but they are brand new...

As Speed says, a little water vapor when first started is a normal thing.. If it keeps doing it after the whole engine is nice and warmed up, I'd check to see if your using any coolant. Unless you've got an obvious leak somewhere, and you're using coolant, that may be a reason for concern.

Keep in mind that since you have vertical 'stacks' there will be more water condensation built up in the exhaust and may take a little longer to burn off, than an exhaust thats all 'horizontal' ..

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
It's possible for rain to get in the stacks if you park it out side. To prevent that put a coffee can over the top of the stacks when you shut it off.;) :gr_patrio

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Or drill a tiny hole at the bottom for it to drain, like a 5/64 or something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.