DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just insalled my pyro and will be pulling some long hills with a trailer soon. What is a safe max temp with the sensor pre turbo. What temp should I be backing off the trottle on the hills ( hope I dont need to back off)

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
1350 is the definite danger zone and I also back off if I get to 1200 degrees. Fortunately mine never gets that high if I drive properly....

·
Registered
842 Posts
I don't understand how you guys get them that hot. I can't get mine over about 900* That is with a car trailor and fullsize pickup on it with my foot on the floor. I realize that my sender is just behind the turbo but still. That only figures to about 1100* pre turbo.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
With the EZ set on 4 or 5 my temps always stayed at 900-1000 degrees if I drove the speed limit and accelerated slowly. It only got higher than that if I had to start off from a stop on a long hill or if I decided to pass someone while towing. My trailer loaded weighs in at 10-12,000lb.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
High temp

Well I am glad I installed the pryo. Whule pulling aprox 8000lb up 8% grade the temp climbed rapidly. aon the return trip I removed the superchips programing and pulled as well up the hills with a safe temp. I guess the Lightning injectors sent inmore fuel than stock and sent the temp up.
What is the solution? I guess go to 4" exhaust.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I noticed that my EGT temps run hotter at higher altitude, than at lower altitude if that matters?

Also, I have two EGT probes, one is on the top of the exhaust manifold right where the #3 exhaust turns down to the Turbo, and it reads about 50 degrees hotter than the probe mounted in the exhaust manifold right above the turbo, but monitoring the back cylinders.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
What are you guys talking about...I'd like to learn.

Thanks guys in advance!

·
Registered
129 Posts
egt`s will be higher at high altitudes,your truck is running richer there being as the air is thinner....451 mopar,,are you still running a stock clutch with the attitude?and how hot are you getting?thanks for replies................bama

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw egt over 1300 but backed off real quick. I am 2nd owner but I think it is a stock clutch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My EGTs normally are pretty good unless I am towing.
My trailer is about #9,000+ and pulling long grades I have to back off a bit to keep the EGTs down around 1250.

When I poped the intercooler, and my boost was leaking, my EGTs were crazy! Half throttle (towing) and the EGTs would be 1400! I think the more air you can get into the engine helps lower the EGT Temps?

I have the Auto trans, all stock for now, but I plan to upgrade it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.