DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 376 Posts

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I guess it's about time to start thinking about the Power Wagon Rausch Creek trip for 2011.....:cool:

Last year was a good turn-out, I am confident we will have MORE this year!
I was just looking at the RC site and it looks like week-ends only till next month, then the schedule opens up a bit more. Everyone start looking at your calendars for April-ish, May-ish.......I think the further we plan it out, the more that can attend. Plus, last year was really dry when we went in August, NO WATER. This spring at least we'll have some mud and a little more challenge. :drivingz:

So, for the POWER WAGON GUYS, what MODS are you going to do to your trucks before this trip rolls around?? Ie; Aceman......I know you're going to have some help putting your Rock Rails on......:D

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I can go in May. I'll head back from FL to NC the last week of April from college.

·
PowerwagonMark
2,015 Posts
This year Im in 100%. As soon as I get some time at work I am going to build some heavy duty rock rails.

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can go in May. I'll head back from FL to NC the last week of April from college.
Sweet, start looking at what weekends work for ya.....
This year Im in 100%. As soon as I get some time at work I am going to build some heavy duty rock rails.
Better get to hopin'.......:D Time goes by quickly :secret2:

I'm thinking If we do May......we could do the 7th, or the 21st We could even meet up there on the Friday before and Camp Out :rck:. Everyone look at those weekends and lets set one. Personally, I prefer the 7th, it's a bit closer......;) Get ready to MARK YOUR CALENDARS :loud:

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
I might be able to do this, this year. :D I'm off the weekends of the 14th, and the 28th.

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might be able to do this, this year. :D I'm off the weekends of the 14th, and the 28th.
Dang you Rusty!! I'm off the 7th and 21st! lol
We'll wait and see how many others chime in. Whichever date we get the most votes for, we'll go with. I'll take off if I have to, and maybe you can do the same if it's the other way around. :D We should know that we're on opposite schedules by now, everytime we try to get together, we can't. :ugh

·
06 Wagoneer
646 Posts
Are rock rails a "probably should have" for Rausch Creek? I have 4" Nerf bars that hang down lower then rock rails would. Will they be in the way?

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are rock rails a "probably should have" for Rausch Creek? I have 4" Nerf bars that hang down lower then rock rails would. Will they be in the way?
I had mine Rock Rails on when I went. And because I had them on, I didn't really get to concerned with thrashing around. I did inflict some carnage on them, but it was mainly because I wasn't being careful. If your careful, you'll be okay. If I were you, I'd take those pretty tubes off for the trip. Since they hang down lower, you'll end up having custom bent ones when you're finished.:secret2: RR are not a neccessity, but I wouldn't leave your step tubes on. It would only take you fifteen minutes to take them off.
Crash bent his driver's side RR from doing what he does, I mean did, best......goin wide open :D

·
06 Wagoneer
646 Posts
I'm really contemplating going. My only problem is the later in May, the worse it is for me to go. My wife is due end of May/early June. First baby so I would get my nuts chopped off if I wasn't around lol

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm really contemplating going. My only problem is the later in May, the worse it is for me to go. My wife is due end of May/early June. First baby so I would get my nuts chopped off if I wasn't around lol
I vote you for the FIRST weekend then.......:secret2: :D

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
She WILL staple them to the headliner in front of the rear view mirror, just to remind you. LOL

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Well the 7th might work for me. I'm not 100% sure but I'm gonna really try.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I can go the 7th, 21st, or 28th. I read that there is room for campers. Is there enough for a 30ft? If so, I will bring it if we go Friday.

Does everyone stay till Sunday? May 8th is Mother's Day, if that matters.

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can go the 7th, 21st, or 28th. I read that there is room for campers. Is there enough for a 30ft? If so, I will bring it if we go Friday.

I'm not sure about the Camper. Yes, Mother's day IS the 8th ,huh.......I'll not be staying Saturday night on anydate, but the guys from further distances might......especially the ones from 'North of the Border'.

Would anyone be opposed to April 23rd?? I'm a bit impatient, so I'm all for bumping it up, instead of back. :teacher: That's about a month and a half away.....

·
Registered
501 Posts
Would anyone be opposed to April 23rd?? I'm a bit impatient, so I'm all for bumping it up, instead of back. :teacher: That's about a month and a half away.....[/QUOTE]

Easter...

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Easter......
GOSH :ugh

Maybe halfway through May then.....MAY 14th??

·
Power Wagon Winch Mob
3,937 Posts

We can meet up with PitSlave and BoneDragger, and all drive up together.

Easter......
GOSH :ugh

Maybe halfway through May then.....MAY 14th??
May probably sounds better for me. Hopefully get financially stable by then. Got a couple of big gigs on that jsut landed on my plate that will really help.

I guess it's about time to start thinking about the Power Wagon Rausch Creek trip for 2011.....:cool:

Last year was a good turn-out, I am confident we will have MORE this year!
I was just looking at the RC site and it looks like week-ends only till next month, then the schedule opens up a bit more. Everyone start looking at your calendars for April-ish, May-ish.......I think the further we plan it out, the more that can attend. Plus, last year was really dry when we went in August, NO WATER. This spring at least we'll have some mud and a little more challenge. :drivingz:

So, for the POWER WAGON GUYS, what MODS are you going to do to your trucks before this trip rolls around?? Ie; Aceman......I know you're going to have some help putting your Rock Rails on......:D
Yea, my ears were ringing! I saw this thread and immediately thought I definitely need those rails on and thought about your offer. Besides water, I can hook you up for fuel. :)

Hmm, hopefully mid May. :)

Do you have pics of the nerfs?

Would anyone be opposed to April 23rd?? I'm a bit impatient, so I'm all for bumping it up, instead of back. :teacher: That's about a month and a half away.....

Easter...
Yea, true.

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was just talking with a bunch of guys that I work with and of course we're all on the same schedule. We're all leaning towards May 21st. They've got some Jeeps that they want to bring along, and I'd like to accomodate them since we work togther. I know we've been all over the place with dates, but what'd we expect.

So, Lets get a count on how many can hit the trails on MAY 21. It'll be a little warmer then, too. :cool:

Ace, I was going to hit you up on a warmer weekend, at least in the mid 50's and ride my bike up. It's close to 40mpg, so gas is no issue. I like ridn' I don't need paid to do that. :D As long as you have the tools, that way I don't have to ride up with my socket set, drill, bits, and C-clamps in my backpack....:ugh
;D

·
Power Wagon Winch Mob
3,937 Posts
I was just talking with a bunch of guys that I work with and of course we're all on the same schedule. We're all leaning towards May 21st. They've got some Jeeps that they want to bring along, and I'd like to accomodate them since we work togther. I know we've been all over the place with dates, but what'd we expect.

So, Lets get a count on how many can hit the trails on MAY 21. It'll be a little warmer then, too. :cool:

Ace, I was going to hit you up on a warmer weekend, at least in the mid 50's and ride my bike up. It's close to 40mpg, so gas is no issue. I like ridn' I don't need paid to do that. :D As long as you have the tools, that way I don't have to ride up with my socket set, drill, bits, and C-clamps in my backpack....:ugh
;D
I have a 28 gallon air tank, tools, but I have to get the drill bits, clamps and jack stands.

I PM'd you my address, and about possibly putting together a day out of it inviting FireRescuePW, PitSlave and BoneDragger over for steaks, beer, etc, aftewards. I'll make sure I have accomodations for an overnight since it's about a 3.5+ hour trip.

You other guys I mentioned, up for some steaks and beers? I'll have a bottle of that MaCallan Irish Whiskey, too!

1 - 20 of 376 Posts