Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone have the Putco chrome door handles? Do you think they would look good with a black QC hemi bagged with OEM 20's and a chrome gass cap? Is it the same color chrome? Are they easy to install? Do they fit and work as good as the regualr door handles?

Thank you,
Kyle

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
They are very shiny stick on chrome plastic. I had some for about 6 months and took them off because I felt they looked cheap. Many people like and still have theirs on. Its all about what you prefer on your rig. You can check my gallery for some before pics of when I had them on if you care to see how it looks.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Yeah

Look in my Gallery

Both our trucks have them and the tailgate handle covers

·
Registered
8 Posts
TFP makes them also,and they are not plastic. They are stamped out of real stainless, and they look great. I have them on my Ram, and had them on my last Ram. I would recommend these ones over the putco. I paid $100.00 for 4-door handle covers, and the tailgate cover. Make sure when you order either one you tell them if you have a key, or no key hole on the passenger side.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
02 Ram Rod said:
TFP makes them also,and they are not plastic. They are stamped out of real stainless, and they look great. I have them on my Ram, and had them on my last Ram. I would recommend these ones over the putco. I paid $100.00 for 4-door handle covers, and the tailgate cover. Make sure when you order either one you tell them if you have a key, or no key hole on the passenger side.
That's a great price for 4 doors and a tailgate handle out of real stainless

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
02 Ram Rod said:
Can you post a pic? Sounds nice. ;)

Sil

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
If yours are stainless they are the anomoly. All I have seen (most brands) are made out of abs plastic and have a chrome, stainless whatever coating. I can assure you of this because I have personally used more than one set setting a scope. White ABS under the shiny outside.

I would think stainless stamped metal would run more than 100 bucks.....but maybe not.

·
Banned
524 Posts
IMO, I don't like them....unless you have a mouth full of gold teeth, TONS of gold on, and corn rows....or long braids...LOL

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have them on my truck and i think they look nice and i cant imagine my truck w/o them anymore. However, i only have a single cab (so only 2 handles covered) and dont have a chrome fuel cover. Ive hought about getting a chrome cover but am worried that it would be *too* much chrome all in that area.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
And at least they are not like the OEM black plastic that fades just like the tire side walls unless you continually coat them with Armoral or something similar they look like crap

·
Registered
921 Posts
I personally feel that they look good. I dont see why you have to be Black to have some chrome on your truck, but we will leave that opinion to some of our other members. I personally have the Reg cab with chrome door handles, the chrome tailgate handle, and the chrome mirror covers. They look great against the black of the truck. I also have the CHROME (not the MOPAR) gas door. I love the way it looks and wouldnt change it. The parts arent expensive and if you hate them, you can pull them off later.

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
mattspenc said:
I dont see why you have to be Black to have some chrome on your truck
You're colorblind matt. Some people aren't. :)

I like some chrome myself. Should I get the gold teeth and braids to
match?

Sil

·
Banned
524 Posts
mattspenc said:
I dont see why you have to be Black to have some chrome on your truck, but we will leave that opinion to some of our other members.
Funny how you associated what I described to a black person....anyhow, that was just my opinion....but white and hispanic people dress the same as the way I described earlier too.....

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well I've got chrome wheels, chrome door handle covers, chrome tailgate handle cover, chrome mirror covers, fuel door cover, chrome bull bar, chrome stepbars, chrome tail lights, chrome head lights....etc, etc, etc.

I'm also a gun-totin conservative republican from Kentucky...I reckon that I broke the mold, seeing that I don't have corn rows or gold teeth, but I do like chrome. LMAO.

And there are two different kinds - TFP is polished stainless. Putco and a few other brands are "Plastichrome" ABS plastic. Personally, I like the abs better than the stainless, because you don't have to polish it and it covers more of the handle. The actual stainless parts look more like "overlays" to the casual eye, in my opinion.

Peace out homies.

·
Banned
524 Posts
:thatfunny

·
Suckin' Gas Haulin' Ass
188 Posts
Anyone have experience w/ a set falling off. I know that 3m tape is pretty strong stuff but it seems that something like a door handle that is being pulled on everyday that there is a good possability it can fall off. Just wondering

·
Banned
524 Posts
liquid nails!! LOL

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ram360 - If the prep and install is done correctly, as suggested by the manufacturer, they're fine. I've been through automatic carwashes and pulled on mine for over a year now with no problems.

I will say, however, that ice storms can cause problems. If they ice over and you try to horse them, they can break...afterall, they are plastic. I cracked a door handle last winter and replaced it. It was like trying to bend steel to get the thing off the door to replace it, so the 3M stuff is strong.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.