DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry i have been away from the forum for a bit, but spent time researching and just buying the 08 Mustang BULLITT .... luvvvvvin it :rck:

i put in diablo 91 tune and have to take the truck to the dealership for oil change. now don't they go into the computer to reset the oil change indication message? and should i therefore put the stock tune back in?

does it matter?

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
I would put it to stock just to be safe. Sometimes they decide to be "nice" and update the pcm without telling you.

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
I always returned mine to stock for dealer oil changes just on the off chance my vin pulled up a tsb or something and they decided to flash the pcm on their own.
but I thought the reset the oil change light merely involved pushing some combination of buttons on the overhead not pcm flash as such.

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
I still have free oil changes until 100K miles. I typically return to stock tune a day or two before heading to the dealer.

·
BLACK
1,343 Posts
I always reset mine to stock and I don't even go to the dealer. Once a year I have to go in for inspection and even though the place I go to is just a mom and pop place I still reset it to stock just to be safe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey thanks. that was great help, and i will def put it back to stock.

i have the maintenance package, so oil changes and all other maintenance is done by the dealer.

mahalo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.