DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok it has been sitting in my garage for a month or so and i finally got it on today ( now i just need to install my line of fire and ice and good to go

this was only a 30-40 minute job with only a few basic hand tools( my truck is still pretty new so bolts came out easy)

the old thin/chincy factory bumper

old and new next to each other

truck with bumper off

and a few pics of the truck with the new bumper

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
looks good , word to the wise , take it back off and have it repainted from the ground up, those aftermarket bumpers rust faster then you can shake a stick at , its painted on raw steel. maybe not as bad i see you live in texas, but it will rust....

·
Registered
74 Posts
That bumper looks great!

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Whoa! :YO: One word comes to mind... BEEFY! :D Looks awesome!

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
I love those kind of bumpers. You gonna get one for the front too?

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
Looks good, a tailgate next?

Are you a Yankee fan? Hahahahaha

·
Hibernating
3,105 Posts
I love it! Since I am in the process of searching for new parts, I'll put that on my list....gotta let us know what kind and where you got it! Nice work and you "got" $60 out of it.....by installing yourself.....way to go!

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
country-71 said:
What brand are they and do they come chromed?
Just a guess... but my first thought is it's a RanchHand. In which case... no, not offered in chrome.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bubba_Hemi said:
Just a guess... but my first thought is it's a RanchHand. In which case... no, not offered in chrome.

good guess but it is made by the perry company out of waco and the bumper is called the texan

the reason i picked them is of course its nice and the price is right but the main reason is i could still use my factory hitch

all the others came with a drop built into the bumper which did not allow the use of the factory hitch and to add the plate to accept the receiver and weight distribution hitch for towing my camper was just a bolt on piece that really dropped my towing capacity next to nothing

compared to the factory hitch and weight distribution and it still allowed me to use the factory light plug ( built into the bumper) which i think looks cleaner than a bracket bolted to the bottom of the hitch

http://www.perry-co.com/bumpers.htm

dont know about chrome and they make front bumpers to but i dont want one with thr big headlight gaurds and shit ( i aint tipping no cows man lmao)

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
You should get a Road Armor front... but of course you gotta have a matching rear then too.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
sick man. is that flame red or inferno red? that black is sick!

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
i want that color.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
byrdawg13 said:
i want that color.
yes it really is a sweet color

funny thing was when i went to get the truck the they had a different truck out for me to test drive but when i saw it did not have third person option in the front i told them no way on that one

i really set out for an automatic but this was only truck on the lot that i really wanted so i got it

here's a couple more pics today as i brought my buddies camper is for service ( he was at work)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.