DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be changing the pushrods in my 06 hemi to hopfully elminate the hemi tick just wanted to know if anyone had the torque specs for the rocker shaft bolts and if theres any particular order to do them..

All that needs to be done is take nessacary parts off to get valve cover off then take the rocker shaft off drop in new pushrods then put back together with correct torque.. am i missing anything?

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
That's pretty much it. Good luck holding those intake rods while you tighten it down! roll up some shop towels as wedges. I think it's 195 inch lbs.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
start from the center and work out correct.. i would like to get exact torque specs if anyone has them or someone else to at least verify that it is 195.. thanks for ur help so far rubberfrog

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
yeah, start from the center and work out- there are only four bolts!

·
Registered
807 Posts
195 in-lbs sounds right. Make sure you have the rods properly set into the cups, tighten from the center outward, then double check everything before you put the valve covers back on. Good luck!:tup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do i make sure its sat in the cup just make sure it want push down anymore ive never did this but im mechanically inclined so hopefully all goes well shouldnt be to hard

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
195 inch lbs is correct

·
Registered
841 Posts
mine had 5 bolts and the tightening pattern was start in center, then the one right of center, then the one left of center, then the far right, then the far left

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
mine had 5 bolts and the tightening pattern was start in center, then the one right of center, then the one left of center, then the far right, then the far left
you asre 100% correct. and its 195 in pounds, do the intake rocker arms first, you will notice that the intakes have the letter I stamped in them. you will need an extra set of hands to assist in holding the pushrods, and once you get them tightened up turn the motor over a fe times to check that the pushrods are all seated before you reassemble it. also be careful as the heads are very sharp.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
changed the pushrods out saturday and i finally got rid of that annoying tick

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Mine sounds like a commercial sewing machine. Worse than ever! I'm gonna change my badges to WebSinger!

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Mine sounds like a commercial sewing machine. Worse than ever! I'm gonna change my badges to WebSinger!
George what pushrods did you install the 6.1's?

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
George what pushrods did you install the 6.1's?
he has 6.1s (exhausts) and custom length (intake) rods as well. Might be the other way around i cant remember. Georges truck was quiet... im not sure what he is talking about.

yup 5 bolts. 195 in/lbs. tq from the center out.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
he has 6.1s (exhausts) and custom length (intake) rods as well. Might be the other way around i cant remember. Georges truck was quiet... im not sure what he is talking about.

What size are the intake rods????

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts

Remember what we thought was an exhaust leak? I had a shop doible check the headers and collectors. No leaks. It's the valve train.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Remember what we thought was an exhaust leak? I had a shop doible check the headers and collectors. No leaks. It's the valve train.
You told me it was the collectors that were lose? Give me a call when you get a chance...

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
That's what I thought because I got up there with a wrench and they were loose. When I actually got around to tightening them, it was still noisy. So I took it to a shop to double check everything and it was all tight. I may give the 6.1 rods a try.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.