DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I solve the rust dilemma on my front bumper some day, I was wanting to put one or the other with some off road lights on them. Have any good pics and brand names and brand names of lights too! Thanks!!:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I ran a Westin Safari bar on my old 99. I liked it except for the installation. It held up pretty well, even took a hit from a deer and stayed straight. Another plus is that they are fairly cheap, cheaper than the bull bar. I would however give it a coat of bedliner, the powdercoat started rusting after about 2 yrs, I thought that was a little fast.

I don't care for the bull bar at all, personal preference. Also, depending on location you could have some issues with the front license plate as it tends to be at least half covered.

When I had my Safari bar, I ran Hella 500 lights on it. They were decent for lower priced lights but I didn't use them enough to justify their presence. If I was to do it over again (which I may) I will skip the light bar and bolt them straight to the bumper.

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics anybody?

·
^BIG D^
2,283 Posts
Westin Bull Bar (Pics provided by MadMike05)

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks cool!:cool:

·
^BIG D^
2,283 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just put this on today. Now what lights to get?

·
PAID OFF!
1,262 Posts
i used to have a bull bar on my truck, and i got into a wreck and it didnt hold up anything the least bit, so now i have a full brush guard, and i dont think ill ever get a bull bar again

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, give me some ideas! Landor, is that your actual grille?:cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thats a grill insert.

I did not put the bull bar on for the protection as much as I did for the looks.

·
Cotton
1,421 Posts
I don't have either; I like my Pre-Runner style light bar.

As far as lights go both my pops and I are happy with our Hella 500's.

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
+1 on the prerunner style.
which by the way...i'll be getting rid of as i'll be going with a complete prerunner from the chassis all the way up with no bumper. and a skid plate for protection.
here are some current pics...can't wait to get rid of the bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I really like the original Mopar bull bar. Kind of hard to find though, I think I spent several months to look for mine in US.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.