DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of getting either the safari bar or push bar to mount some lights on the front of my D. The goal of my lights is to supplement the almost useless high beams on the highway at night ( i will of course shut them off for oncomming traffic). With the safari bar, the lights are mounted at fog light level where with the push bar they are mounted more at headlight level. For my application, how detrimental will having the lights down low on the safari bar be vs higher up on the push bar? I'm only wondering because im looking at a about a $50-60 difference on Ebay for the push vs safari bar. I spose though the protection offered by the push bar would easily outweight the cost though.

Thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of a safari bar, as well (although I'm not sure ANY bar would look right now that I've dropped my rig). It will be interesting to see which opinions prevail...

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I've been needing to put it up for sale for a long time but if either of you are interested, I have a low profile guard. The first two pictures in my gallery show it and I have more. It's from Smittybilt and is stainless steel

·
I am your Father
2,365 Posts
The safari bars definitely look better. The Durango design is really a muscular looking vehicle, and the taller brush guards make the Durango look too long, and destroy the whole image. I feel the sme way about the looks of the nerf bars, or step rails.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I really like the look of the Westin Bull Bar.... in black of course... here is the picture...

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hey neil ill take that stainless steel bar off your hands how much? I kind of like that more then a bull bar but bull bar would be my next fav. Just pm me when you see this. smittybilt makes nice products

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
I don't think you'll get much difference in light out put by either choice but unless you get the Warn transformer, I'd be skeptical of the protective qualities of an Ebay "pushbar".

There are a ton of Safari Bar pics on here, just browse and find what you like.

·
Registered
409 Posts
the pic that mike threw up is what I have....The westin bull bar. You can remove the stainless crap that is underneath it with the westin cutout. The look it GREAT...plus it does take the trees better.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Neil my email address is [email protected] Just package it and send it and just email me how much and i will send it out when you want my address just email me or pm

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've decided on the Safari Bar. Its cheaper than the Push Bar and the Push Bar just seems to big. But i have one question- i have a set of Hella FF1000s i want to use. According to the specs, they are 6.88" diameter. The Safari Bar will supposedly only hold up to 6" lights. Is this absolutely true? I'm sure it wouldnt be too difficult to make a little bracket to move the lights inward if necessary but im just wondering if they'll fit without any modifications.

Thanks

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
You should have enough room to use those lights. I've got plenty of space around my Hella's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.