Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Ok, first some specs.

I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum
2.7L
280k miles

Yeah, it's a 2.7. I realized my mistake too late. I am the second owner. The original was a bank. It was their money car. I bought it from them at 141k about 6 years ago.

I am doing some mods. Some for looks, others for utility purposes.

The interior of my trunk is a complete garage. I can do anything to a vehicle with what's in the trunk. (If you want pictures, I'll attach those later. I am very prideful of it all ^_^).

Soon, I will be adding some 10s to add a little bump and deeper sounds without annoying my neighbors.

Later, I will be creating a completely custom front bumper! (I can't wait xD).

For now, This is what I am doing.
I am attaching a Setina Charger Police Push Bar. With it, I plan to add onto that some pretty intricate features that I will fabricate myself. (I am a techy. While I love to speed.. I love my Tech even more. This Push bar will allow me to do some pretty amazing things when it's at sitting position. ;) I'll leave that for future surprises.)

But, the main question.. I am curious of adding a Rescue winch. Though, I don't want to damage my bumper with a really drastic load. Is there anyway to tell what it can withstand without damage?

I know it's not designed for that, and it's just something I'm thinking about. Not something I am fully dedicated on adding. But, it would be pretty cool if I could. I love playing "hero" whenever I can xD.

I await the ****-eyed responses due to what crazy things I am doing xP

Attachments

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Check the maker of the push bumper, they should have a listing of what add-ons are compatible. As for the car. The LX platform is notorious for eating front suspension components. This is particularly common on the V8, and police packages where there's extra weight on it. If you add a winch to the mix you'll likely be going through suspension maintenance much more often than if you don't.
That said, I know it can hold a small winch (not sure of the size/weight), but I've seen them equipped. I also don't know how it affected the car but I've seen it done so at the very least it's possible.

:winchmob:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.