Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and pulling the trigger on an R/T.

For a number of reasons I've decided to put off the SRT-8 until 2007 or 2008 MY.

Still really want to SRT but economics and a bunch of other things have conspired against me in the short term.

so.... if anyone has a good recommendation for a dealer in the Northern California area see my other thread and lend a little help.

cheers,
dan

·
Registered
164 Posts
dealer

Dan DO NOT got to Auburn Dodge. I posted somewhere else in here the nightmare I suffered with their product.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I saw your post and I'll keep it in mind. I am actually in negotiation for a car right now, not at Auburn. I'll post in the appropriate forum when it happens.

WooHoo.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dan Todd. Sorry to hear this!

dantodd said:
and pulling the trigger on an R/T.

"For a number of reasons I've decided to put off the SRT-8 until 2007 or 2008"

Dan,

First of all, sorry to hear that you can't go forward with your SRT-8 purchase. I would go back to www.dodge.com and do the same thing I suggested before when you were looking for a MSRP SRT-8 dealer. Go to all the local dealers and then to their inventory and see what's on the floor. If the dealer has a bunch of RTs in stock, drop the "internet manager" an e-mail with an offer to buy @ your price, copy it before you send it, then go on to the next dealer. You know the program. You can change the offer or the message easily. There are a bunch of RT's out there. Get one @ your price. Start local. Work out! Work a bunch of dealers! They want to get rid of these cars because the 2006's are comming! Don't settle. Fly in & drive it back!

Sorry to see you leave the SRT-8 "waiters" group. I'll still keep you posted on what's happening as far a my, or others, SRT-8 orders. Actually, I'm not completely sold on th SRT-8 Magnum or any Magnum really. I'm now seeing lots of 2005 Magnums, mostly stock, and I'm starting to lose my enthusiasm. I don't know, the stock ones are just not making me want to have one now. If it's not lowered and skinned with 20"+ wheels, it's just not doing it for me. I don't know, but I don't want to "jettison" my current ride to discover that I've settled for something because I got caught up in the "HEMI" thing!

I'm going to hang in there until my SRT-8 arrives and if it doesn't make me squirt, stock, I'm going to pass. I don't know, I may then order a Charger SRT-8 or just go for the Chrysler 300C SRT-8. Luckily I have those options financially.

I'm being totally honest here. I've now spent a year monitoring all of these forums on a daily (actually morning and night usually) basis, collecting 100s of relevant web sites about this car and now I'm having second thoughts.

F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate this!!!

Sorry for the rant, but that's what I'm going through right now.
KK

PS: I'm going to post an edited version of this on some of the other forums to see if I can get someone to make sense of my dilemma!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Kenny,

I replied to your post in the other thread.

The difference between $500 less than invoice for an R/T and MSRP for an SRT-8 is probably near $10K tough for me to justify blowing that much differential at this time. I ought to at least get a job first! :)

I fugure in a couple years I'll get an SRT-8 and then Sue will get the R/T so we'll have twinsies. (almost!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got to tell you that going through a broker may be the easiest and best way to travel on this. I bought my PT through one and turned my girlfriend over to him when she was out looking for a Prius. All the dealers in SoCal wanted between $3K and $7K over sticker. She got hers after a week of waiting in exactly the color and accessory package she wanted at MSRP. The car came from NoCal and had 1 mile on the Odo when she got it.

Who did we use, and who will I use when I order my Magnum? Autoland. If you're in SoCal, drop me a note and I'll give you Greg's phone number. This guy places over 400 cars a year and gets the right deal - they will also take trades and arrange financing if you need it.

jdg

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'll tell you something folks. The best place I found for buying Dodge/Chrysler is Carmax in Los Angeles. I unfortunately didn't buy my Magnum from them but I did buy my 2003 Dodge Ram California Hemi Express from them. Everyone and I mean EVERY dealer in california that I looked for that vehicle would not let it go for under $35,000.00. Carmax sold it to me under MSRP which was $30,000.00. I got it for $26,800. How do they do it? Unlike other dealers, Carmax BUYS their cars from the manufacturer. So if they don't sell it they loose out completely.

When I was looking to buy my Magnum they said it would be 8 to 12 weeks to receive my car after ordering. They had some on the lot but not equipped the way I wanted.

I paid $1200.00 more where I bought my Magnum over Carmax's price. Moral of the story? IF I can convince the little lady to let me get the SRT8 it WILL be from Carmax.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.