DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the mud hole the other night with some buddies and we got the bright idea of hooking up in the parking lot. my buddy has a 2005 f-150 4 door king ranch edition, i have an 03 quad cab with the hemi. anyways, at first neither of us were movin but the tires were smokin. then i started to pull him backwards til he finally gave up. just thought i would let yall know.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
LOL...damn that must have been a cool sight to see. Let Er Rip! :rck:

Ford---> :buttkick: <--- Dodge
KB

·
Registered
475 Posts
well put what can u say other than fords cant handle the power of the hemi

·
Registered
251 Posts
So you hooked up with your buddy in the parking lot? How was his "mud hole"?
:bman:

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I'd say it's more like you stomped a mud hole in his ass. lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it wasnt asphault, it was more like a hard gravel/limerock surface, but none the less i pulled him. we didnt take our trucks in the mud hole becuz i saw jeeps with 44's sinking up to the doors and having tractors pull them out.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Sweet!!!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
nicely done...

:)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Yesterday while towing our 10,040 lb 5th wheel north on I-275 approaching the Sunshine Skyway Bridge at about 60mph as the speed limit on the bridge is 55mph, I saw a Superduty front end and the front of a 5th wheel gaining on us pretty quick. As he past on the left it was an F-350 PSD towing a Gulfstream about the size of our Jayco. I'm sure without a doubt he thought we were going 60 because our little Hemi was "struggling" to tow our 5th wheel and he just "blew us away" with his PoSD. However, when it came time for the upgrade on the bridge, we downshifted to second for 4200rpm with plenty of power. I accelerated to about 65mph in second to about 4500rpm. Guess who was losing speed? I had to let off because he was in my way and traffic was in the other lane. I know the flames will start with calling BS but, looking at the numbers,
Hemi in 2nd at 4200rpm= 375ft/lbs torque X 1.5(2nd ratio)= 562ft/lbs of torque to the tail shaft of the tranny at 300hp.
PSD can't run less than direct drive since it can't develope enough rpm so whatever it puts out at the crank is what it was putting out at the tailshaft. If it was a 4.10 ratio he couldn't even shift out of O/D at 65mph because of rpm limitations so if that was the case take 31% of of his flywheel torque. That doesn't leave much to pull with.
Of course if he had a Ram with a 610 Cummins in it and a 3.73 ratio, he wouldn't have been in my way.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
Polk County Florida or Polk County Texas?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'm in St.Pete. My dad's folks lived in Auburndale. I guess that's about the middle of Polk County.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.