Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I have a little problem... at least I hope it is a little problem my girl was driving the D out of an underground garage and she accidentally got the bumper snagged on something...long story short the left side of the bumper was pulled out a little and the little plastic bolts that hold it in place were broken off. It isnt hanging off, she wasn't going quickly it is just seperated on one side. I can see the holes on the black part of the bumper cover where the bolts are supposed to go.

Do you guys think the dealership would be able to just snap it back in, and refasten the bolts? I don't see any structural damage, it just looks like someone grabbed a hold of one side of the bumper and yanked it.

Thanks for your replies

·
Registered
724 Posts
Or you can go to any checkers or other similar autopart stores for the same piece. Boycott stealerships. lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
instead of the plastic rivets, I used metal u-nuts and metal bolts on the front after an fog light install. Works just as good, and easier to undo and resuse if needed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
itza hemi said:
instead of the plastic rivets, I used metal u-nuts and metal bolts on the front after an fog light install. Works just as good, and easier to undo and resuse if needed.
Interesting idea, do you have any pics of how it turned out?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies

I had to get some brake work done this morning, so I let my mechanic know about the damage. He had some retainer clips in the shop so he just put them on for me. It looks almost as good as new.

I replaced the stock brake rotors as well with aftermarket brembos, and pads from some company called pagid. It feels better and that awful screeching is gone, i could have done the TSB but i assume they would use the same crappy pads and rotors.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The plastic rivet saved you from having to buy another bumper so its best to keep it with plastic rivets as better for that to give then something more expensive to replace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.