150 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
megacabmom said:
I vote somewhere easy for me to get to for May! QUOTE]

Now Where may that bee???

·
Registered
230 Posts
I don't know...I hate the traffic around Seattle & driving too far with the kids is not fun. I'm from TX and there you only drive in the left lane if you're passing. (Good old days--you could drink a beer too!) Here, everyone drives too slowly and all three lanes at the same speed. Maddening! I need train horns!!

If my spouse has Reserve weekend--I'll probably throw another party. So, maybe keep it closer to Everett/Mukilteo so I could hop down???

Ah, don't worry about me...I'm just one person.

·
HEMI SPORT
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
11 more days to go...

·
HEMI SPORT
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
chrisk500 said:
I would like to get involved in this. I live in Port Orchard. Is this something you guys do frequently? Just got my new truck a few weeks ago and have been very busy fixin it up and making it mine. Hopefully I can get some pics up in a day or 2.

Chris
Hey Chris. The Silverdale folks is going to meet at Safeway in Silverdale @10:00. and ramavan together to Purdy.

Yes we do this about 4 times a year.

Congrads on your new Ram.

·
HEMI SPORT
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok. Who's all going next Saturday the 17th to the GTG? I need a head count.

Also:

This Thread is from rb.org.

Your all Invited.

S Bee C wrote:
Here's some options for the 2nd Annual May Madness - May 5th GTG for the Puget Sound area. The GTG will center around the Mopar Drags/swap meet at Bremerton Raceways. Check upcoming events and "Mopar flyer" for details.
http://www.bremertonraceway.com/
The following are different options for the day that I'd like people to vote on.
The gates open at 8am with eliminations at 1 pm. From 9 am to 1 pm there are time trials/practice/tuning runs to set up the elimination brackets. It costs $35 for a tech card and being set up in the brackets if you want to race. If we have 12 COMMITTED trucks that want to run all day, there will be a bracket just for Specialty Dodge trucks. I have to let the Raceway people know by March 9th if we have enough people committed to run for our own bracket.
We can have a BBQ/potluck tailgate party at the facility for lunch. The racing pretty much runs till it's over- ie no time limit like Pacific Raceways.

So.... here's the options

#1-Meet for breakfast; go on a two hour drive through scenic parts of the Hood Canal and bee back to watch the drags and have tailgate party at 1 pm.

#2 - Meet for Breakfast - Have 12 or more trucks for our own Bracket- go to Bremerton raceways early (0900 ?) and support members that are racing their trucks; have the tailgate party in the afternoon; watch racing till it's over.

#3 - Meet for breakfast; trucks wanting to race go to the track to do time/tuning runs; people that aren't racing go on the two hour drive and then end at the raceway to cheer on and help fellow group members. Of course - the tailgate party will take place as always.

There's three options that allow racing truck, touring the country on a drive, watching the drags and participating in the tailgate BBQ/potluck. The most popular is what we'll do.
If there's other suggestions- put them on the table and lets discuss.

For the BBQ- I'll supply burger patties and buns; large table and pop up canopy. We'll have a sign up for other food.

Let's get this together to plan for it and make this a fun event- the more people; more food; and more trucks to look at and talk about.

Rich

PS- I'm looking at July 22nd for a local Car show and shine in Bremerton at Bremerton Dodge. That'll give you a chance to enter and win a trophy. It'd look great to have a stack of specialty trucks there. We'll talk about both of these at the Feb 17th GTG.
:gr_patrio :gr_patrio :gr_patrio :gr_patrio

·
HEMI SPORT
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Bubba_Hemi said:
Figures... I won't be around for the May party. :(
:(

Well there is July 22nd in the works...

:gr_patrio

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
lol won't be around for it either... won't be around anything for the next two years starting March 1st.

·
HEMI SPORT
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Bubba_Hemi said:
lol won't be around for it either... won't be around anything for the next two years starting March 1st.
What about next Saturday at Purdy. We would love to meet you.

Thank you for your Service.
:gr_patrio :gr_patrio :gr_patrio

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I'm gonna try my best to be there... I'm in FL now (spent last week in TX) and will be getting back on Friday afternoon. Hopefully things will be calm enough that I'll be able to get away for that.

·
HEMI SPORT
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Bubba_Hemi said:
I'm gonna try my best to be there... I'm in FL now (spent last week in TX) and will be getting back on Friday afternoon. Hopefully things will be calm enough that I'll be able to get away for that.
well enjoy the sun wile your in FL.
It's like 44 and raining here.
Have a safe trip and we hope to see you next Saturday. :gr_patrio

·
HEMI SPORT
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
megacabmom said:
I don't know...I hate the traffic around Seattle & driving too far with the kids is not fun. I'm from TX and there you only drive in the left lane if you're passing. (Good old days--you could drink a beer too!) Here, everyone drives too slowly and all three lanes at the same speed. Maddening! I need train horns!!

If my spouse has Reserve weekend--I'll probably throw another party. So, maybe keep it closer to Everett/Mukilteo so I could hop down???

Ah, don't worry about me...I'm just one person.
I also hate the Seattle traffic. I drive to Tukwila. I hate the slow ppl is the left lane. Thats the lane I'm in and you cant do 70 wile some sob is doing the speed limit. lol.
Yes I know your just one person. So am I. If all the one person's show up to this Saturday gtg it would be over filled with Dodge owners... :gr_patrio

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
Steph... you're from TX too? You following me???
Yes, you're on to me. I am an internet stalker disguised as a truck lover!

I will talk to my hubby re: this weekend. Wish me luck on the hard sell. I will RSVP ASAP. Re: our location, we'd skip breakfast because we have a haul with ferries etc. from Whidbey, but be there for the tailgate.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
Steph... you're from TX too? You following me???
Yes, you're on to me. I am an internet stalker disguised as a truck lover!

I will talk to my hubby re: this weekend. Wish me luck on the hard sell.

I will RSVP ASAP. Re: our location, we'd skip breakfast because we have a haul with ferries etc. from Whidbey, but be there for the tailgate.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm still not for sure.

Bubba_Hemi--I'll try to pin him down (maybe that might help!!) and let you know tonight sometime. I'd like to come down, but it might not work. Will you have your truck or is it packed away for deployment?

Anyway, hope everybody has fun.

·
HEMI SPORT
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Less then 8hrs to go...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sorry I missed it. It's never easy with little kids. I will try to go May 5--however, I know there will be a party I have to attend that night. So, if it's not too far away, I'll be able to make it. If not, the one after.

·
HEMI SPORT
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Next saturday is the day...

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.